Painted Bike

metalli445

Registered
I have a 2002 factory two tone silver and grey busa. Last year I came out of a store to find it laying on its right side. Two months later she rolled forward off the kickstand. :banghead: So now I'm wanting to paint my bike but I love the factory color scheme of the bike. How much would it cost to have the whole bike repainted to factory colors? Does anyone know where I can find the color codes? I have someone in mind to paint the bike, I just would like to know what a reasonable price is. Thanks!

Leave it in gear when you park, push it forward until it stops in gear, takes care of that problem.

I usually do but forgot that one time. Thats all it takes and now I get to pay for it. I won't forget again. :laugh:

just have them do a color match off one of your panels...if you are painting the whole bike it should be good enough.

Its might be cheaper to just replace the OEM plastics that are damaged.

Theres a shop in Mass, Ronnies warehouse i think is the name. that can get you OEM parts ordered off of microfisch. i ordered a tail from him and it was at my house in 2 days.

Just a thought.

My plastic's aren't cracked. They're scratched up but definitely repairable with some sanding or filling in. However they do it. I went to the color rite website and they want $189 per quart for both the colors that I need. If I was to do the whole bike with the same exact color scheme as the way it looked originally... How many quarts of each color do you think I'd need? Is there a way to add something to the paint to give it that "wet" look all the time? I wish I knew more about paint.

1 quart should be more than enough to cover the entire bike. If youre getting a quart of each, then you'd have enough paint for a couple of bikes. I recently had my bike painted and didnt know much about paint until I took it in. Still dont know enough to try it myself but learned a little. Im not sure if the colors youre getting already come with a flex agent since its a bike color but if not, then you need that. You'll need a thinner because I found out that they dont spray the color right out of the can, they thin it ??? You also need clear to finish the bike off once its done. And here I was thinking all I needed was paint. :whistle: Dont worry. By the time your bike is done, you'll know enough.

If you want to paint the whole bike don't use colorrite, it's to expensive. Any good auto store that sells paint can match your factory colors very close and if you're doing the whole bike even if it was off a little no one will be able to tell. A quart of each paint will be pleanty, you might be able to get away with a pint but that would be a close call. A base coat/clear coat system will get you that wet look. Your painter should be able to help you on all the details. Cost depends a lot on what kind of paint you use.

I think I may go the way a few of you mentioned and just have it color matched. I'll have my painter take a look at it and see what he has to say and what kind of paint he uses. He restores classic cars but mainly vette's. I'm all about saving money so if I don't have to go the expensive route thats more money for my twin turbo's on the truck. :thumbsup: This is one of the pics after it got knocked over. I had to replace the stator cover because that broke on the fall. You can see one of the scraps above the decal on the edge of the fairing. The right side is a little worse. When I get it painted, I'm not putting any decals on it.

P5290389resized.jpg

Back