Paint stain....

Busa_m

Registered
Hey guys,

Washing the busa today, and noticed I have a stain in the paint on the lower part of the right plastic. My busa is only a month or so old with about 500ish miles on it. Just had it in for its first service.

Here is a pic of the stain. I tried using a mild tar and bug remover (a must have in the land of the mighty love bugs!), but it just won't budge. So I have two questions...

1) Anyone have any idea how to get it out? I doubt I can but worth a shot.

2) It is unrealistic of me to take it back to the dealer and see if they are willing to do something?

bdm.com

That's the best pic I could get my camera to take, it seemed to be having a hard time focusing in on the stain.

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Busa_m

There is some stuff here in hawaii called MX-7 It really seems to remove just about anything. Im not sure that they have it in the states. I had never seen it there when I was there. Also you could try a polishing compound. do not get rubbing, just get polishing. Try that first.

Update....

In case anyone is curious, the dealership has offered to replace the right fairing plastic since this stain in the paint isn't normal. So, I appreciate the advice I was given, just wanted to post that issued resolved due to excellent service from Suzuki!

Busa_m

Back