Paint Idea, suggestions / opinions

moloko

Banned
Stole a pic off the interwebs, and started messing with photoshop to figure out the scheme for my bike. Getting painted soon, and it's gettin close to crunch time so I needa get on figuring it out.

I know it'll be Candy orange w/ lace patterns, over silver flake, and Black with chunky black metal flake and silver flake between the two.

This is my first attempt on the paint scheme. Never mind the craptacular photo shop job, you get the basic idea of the layout.

What ya guys think?

ff8b9862.jpg

I had my Busa painted 2 years ago, the paint itself came out bad, but that not the point. I did a similiar design to yours, it looked great laid out with tape but when I was done my eye never followed the lines quite right. Just through the tank, I wanted to follow the the tanks lines, but in the end, i wished i hadnt.

Lets see if my paintshop skillz are able to help...
Id add another curl on the tank, rather than tryin to have the eye make the jump than curve. I did have a tear drop on the hump, which i would definetly recommend. Get it? Got it? Good
Thats my .02 for ya:thumbsup:

moloko.jpg

132.jpg

Last edited:
I like the description, but not to sure about the chunky black/silver flake, I've seen people try it but it ends up making the clear look rough. I'm not an expert but i'm sure there are painters on here that will give you great advise.

I had my Busa painted 2 years ago, the paint itself came out bad, but that not the point. I did a similiar design to yours, it looked great laid out with tape but when I was done my eye never followed the lines quite right. Just through the tank, I wanted to follow the the tanks lines, but in the end, i wished i hadnt.

Lets see if my paintshop skillz are able to help...
Id add another curl on the tank, rather than tryin to have the eye make the jump than curve. I did have a tear drop on the hump, which i would definetly recommend. Get it? Got it? Good
Thats my .02 for ya:thumbsup:

I'm torn on the tank... might be better just all orange. maybe i'll mess with your idea a bit see what else i can come up with.

I like the description, but not to sure about the chunky black/silver flake, I've seen people try it but it ends up making the clear look rough. I'm not an expert but i'm sure there are painters on here that will give you great advise.

it'll look like this.. well the orange and silver will. Different lace pattern of course.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I'm torn on the tank... might be better just all orange. maybe i'll mess with your idea a bit see what else i can come up with.

Up to you bro, i just know what i wasnt happy. Be sure to post up the new idea so we can all help you change you mind 8 times:laugh::thumbsup:

Ya me too thats why i asked if he could teach me :laugh: it looks like a page out of a coloring book when i do it ,,,

Attachments

• blue car flames.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 301
Last edited:
A few more attempts...

f3aa7239.jpg

29995530.jpg

the tank seems to get me stumped...

Here's the original if anyone wants to play with it... I smudge tooled the kanji off and this is my template.

c57e8fd8.jpg

gotta have the black frame/swing arm/forks/wheels. I like the background design :laugh:

Last edited:
Back