paint frame? what kinda of paint help?

riggsracin

Registered
I have a 05 limited hayabusa. want to go witha stealth look. dont want to take my engine off and all that **** to get the frame poweder coated. so i want to paint it. i have had good look with pj1 fast black frame epoxy paint. but should i said so i primer. what kind of primer. ect

busa 021.jpg

Yes they did, you dont have an LE. But, you could get you some frame covers instead of painting it.

Also had the lips of the wheels polished.. somethings phishy. :whistle:
someone told him it was an LE so they could sock him for more dough:rofl:limited for that year is phantom grey metallic,(his color) so either someone put that tank and plastic on a non black frame or they changed the frame and swingarm out technically same thing but using original everything else..lol
but anyway heres your paint colors and stuff you need
paint linky

Last edited:
BTW....Love the color!

Want a no headache way to change the color of the frame?
busa1

Installed correctly they are very durable.

well I think if I was going to paint instead of powder coat, after sanding I would shoot a coat of epoxy then primer.. and get some chip resistant additive for the bc/cc...
cheap clear wont get rock hard..

Very important you use Quality base coat and clear coat if want a Lasting effect. Would look great with a $0.99 can of spray paint,but couple months down the road...

Powder coating is the way to go,but requires dismantling the whole bike.

Frame covers isn't permanent and quick and easy(15min) Job.

Spend the $$ and get carbon covers. :thumbsup:

You said you got the bike cheap. Have you checked the Frame Vin to see if it matches your title?

well I gotta agree with everyone go with a nice set of covers or powdercoat it and bite the bullet and take the bike apart. spray can just isn't a quality finish and even if you have someone paint it your still gonna want the engine pulled so they can prep it right and not overspray the hell outta it

Back