Paint Color Chips

nickespi

Registered
My bike is being prepped for paint and I need to figure out what color she's going. I'm thinking a white, but I know there are a lot of shades. Anyone know any sites where I can check out some color samples?

Hok is great but seeing the chips really helps a lot. You can take them out in sunlight and move them around to see what the sun will do esp if your doing a mettalic candy or pearll.
Posted via Mobile Device

Go to your local bodyshop supply store. Their paint department will have years on years of color chips
Posted via Mobile Device

I would go with a different color than the commonfactory colors. Just my 2cents. What ever you choose i'm sure you'll like it.:beerchug:

Even the color chips may not be the actual refinish paint (quality) that you are buying...but by looking at them in person you can not only look at them in sun light/ day light, but you can look at them in light booth that will show various levels of light...dusk - dawn settings. With a white it is less critical. Just an example...if you had a blue with pearl / mica and you wanted it to look like blak at night a booth is a big help. I suggest going to a popular body shop supply place...they will have fresh materials, guys that are likley used to custom paint jobs, and you have a place to go back to should the need arise, and go high quality with white it is mostly titanium dioxide and a resin system. The UV light breakes it down...cheap is cheap. Granted the UV protectors are also in the clear, but the color coat is equally important. Clean the parts with a degreaser / anti static wipe a few times...use a tack rag between coats, and if something goes wrong (bugs, dirt, hair, any debris, runs) just stop...let it dry...and address it without making the situation worse.

Good luck

Back