Paint blistering follow up...

blacked_busa

Registered
So I finally received my rear fairing after waiting 6 months for them to paint it (for the 3rd time) and low and behold the paint job was horrible! The paint had a run, scuff marks, and the clear coat was not sprayed evenly. I called to complain about the paint job and to complain some more about the other fairies blistering, he said he will repaint the rear fairing for the fourth time for free but will not paint the other fairings until I replace them with new ones. He states the plastics are messed up from a repair job and the paint will not stick. I told him I can not afford this and would like a refund or I will see him in court. Well that statement did not go over well. He said it was to long since the bike was painted (2 years) to take him to court. He said I only paid for a $1000 paint job so don't expect a $2000 paint job quality. WTF! What kind of service is that? After him getting frustrated he hangs up on me. I have reported him to the BBB but doubt it will do any good. This has been a nightmare for the past 2 years! Venting rant over...

That sucks man I went through a very similar deal here with a painter. Just ate the cost and hope u run into him on the street one day.

Crazy thing is he claims to build show bikes! I guess since my bike isn't a show bike it gets a crappy paint job? I live 4 hours away from him now so prob no luck of running into him.

Sorry to here this. I'm a painter/ body tech and cant stand when someone doesn't stand by their work. i guarantee my work the same weather it comes out my garage or the shop where i work. i understand **** happens but repainting 3-4 times is absurd. doing a proper job will save him money and a happy customer that will return. If you were closer i'd gladly help

If he seems genuine he is probably trying his best...there are many reasons why paint will not stick or look show quality...the scuff and lack of buffing is a poor quality job...which leads to poor prep...just leave it at that...poor prep is the downfall of any paint work

He also taped up the side logo on the bike and painted around it leaving it 2 different reds. Then turned around and sprayed clear coat over the logo. That doesn't make any sense. They are trying to fix the problem but me spending more money for their screw ups doesn't seem right. They also seem to be cutting corners so I still don't want to take the bike back so this can happen all over again. I've owned the bike for 2 years and and half of that the bike has been in paint!

Crazy thing is he claims to build show bikes! I guess since my bike isn't a show bike it gets a crappy paint job? I live 4 hours away from him now so prob no luck of running into him.

Honestly there are a lot of painter that claims that they do build show bikes. The most important thing in choosing the right paint shop and painter is to check their work it self and vehicles they have done. Sorry to hear to this...

Back