Paint and frame damage help please!!!!

Ac1dTr1p

Registered
Been riding for years and finally took my first real hit!!! 45mph t boned by illegal idiot with no insurance. I was rolling liability so comin out of pocket on this one. 2 questions. What should I pay for just basic spray with no graphics?(all fairings including tank. Im getting quoted in the thousands!!! Anyone with experience in paint please help. As for the second problem. Didnt have frame sliders:banghead:I have a nice chunk of metal on the left side about 2 inches long, 1 inch wide and 2-3mm deep. Its under the fairing but Im all about perfection when it comes to my busa. Can I fix it like it never was? Wanting to do a powder coat if necessary. Any help will be appreciated...:please:

Let me just ad this in here as well. What does everyone think about the high mount exhaust with slant? Ive always liked the rc51 and tl1000 exhaust. Is this kinda like a busa no no or could I get away with it? Im sure someone has seen it done on the busa. I already got the stock cans back on but got some dough to drop so I wanna do it right.

Last edited:
sorry to gear a out your accident you will find good help here could you post so e picks of damages so folks could get a better idea of what needs to be done if anything :welcome:

Tri coat no overly extensive prep work should be about 1500 give or take a few hundred depending on where you live. Frame damage is hard to judge. I'd take it somewhere that's dealt with motorcycle frames before and see what they say. Basically the only way to repair it would be to pull the area back out and apply filler, then shoot it. May be cheaper and a better option to find a perfect frame if that's what you want.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chunk gone

IMG00057-20100130-0138(2).jpg

Only way to repair that I could think of would be overly expensive unless you have a way to get aluminum welded on the cheap. There could be cracking in the part too. Need to be looked over pretty well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not neccesarily. Just my opinion not gospel. Have it looked at by a shop that deals with damage, and know what will and won't fly.
Posted via Mobile Device

You might pm goldenchild, he seems to be pretty knowledgeable in rebuilding these things.
Posted via Mobile Device

if you could get ahold of someone with a salvage frame just to cut that engine mount section from you could have it cut off and have the new piece welded back on if you have a reputible welder around you. and if you're interested i have body panels. for sale too. also don't be afraid to ask paint questions as i do custom paint too. sorry to hear about the accident.

Bodywork all appears to be fixable. Can't see the frame damage very well in the pic, if it's not a load bearing part of the frame I would mark it with a sharpie to make sure it's not getting bigger, and ride it. That's just my opinion, I'm sure others will chime in.
FYI, insurance company would write that off as totaled. Keep that in mind if you are going to take the guy that hit you to court.....and I most certainly would.

Thanks Rock. I will for sure. I dont know about cutting down the frame and adding another section Bob. But pm me about those panels and where your located. Good advice Brown, Im in AZ and the guy hit me in TX. Hes illegal anyways, what can I do? They would just end up kicking him out of the country and he would be in the next tunnel coming back over. Too much cost on my part anyways, no gaurantee I would ever get paid in that situation.

i'd say it's time to get an attorney. they need to fix your bike. period.

Back