Painful choice here

ibified

Registered
Okay, so heres the question for you folks, and I hope i can get some unbiased opinions here:

I have an opportunity to pick up a 2005 350Z convertible with about 40K miles on it...the problem is that the wife says that i have to choose between the car and the bike right now.

Normally this would be a no brainer for me, but heres a couple things to consider:

1) I'm going to be doing a LOT of work in the yard landscaping this summer, plus adding about 36 ft of deck onto the back of my house. I'm not going to have a lot of time to ride this summer. Last summer i was doing more of the same, and only managed 1000 miles all last year.

I have always loved the 350Z and have wanted one for a long time. a convertible is just icing on the cake. plus, its a grand touring, which means its LOADED. Xenon lights, navigation system, 6 speed, leather, brembo brake package, etc.

I've been thinking a lot lately about letting the bike go this summer, then getting myself an 08 or an 09 next year.

Any opinions on this, folks? I hate to give up the bike, but this is one sweet car and one sweet deal. Oh, also, the guy selling it is a friend of my fathers, and this car has ALWAYS been well cared for.

Yea it sounds better when you throw that '08 '09 option in. Good luck brother :thumbsup:

If you're not riding the bike, will you ride the 350?

I like the 350z, however maintenance will be a lot higher on it. What's the difference in insurance?

How about you tell the wife you want the car and will put the bike up for sale. Buy the car then list the Busa at $15k. tell her it didn't sell and you're keeping it.... :laugh:

LOL thats harsh. Yes i would use the car. It would probably wind up being my primary mode of transportation.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind. I was also going to ask if you would drive more than you ride, but I guess you answered that already.

after i bought my house i told myself i don't have time to ride bike and i have to work around the house now. well.. i sold my 07 zx14 but it did not last more than a month after i did not see my bike in the garage every day i came home or went to work, i saw people riding every day and i just could not handle it anymore and end up buying the busa! this was in spring time.
you do what you think is right for you but i just wanted to share my story!
good luck with your decision!:beerchug:

How about you tell the wife you want the car and will put the bike up for sale. Buy the car then list the Busa at $15k. tell her it didn't sell and you're keeping it.... :laugh:

I thought I was the only one that thought like this :laugh:

jsut do what I did

I sold my 02 in Sept to buy an offshore fishing boat,it was a deal to good to pass and figured the weather was about to change so the bike would be in the garage anyway for a while,not that I could use the boat at that time either but I had a plan:laugh:

so I sell the bike,buy the boat:whistle:,the boat sits on the trailer in the driveway (triton 2895....28'cc with twin/200hpdis).wife got so used to seeing it,it became no big deal :poke:after 3 months,I came home with a 08' orange/black :thumbsup:.....she said,"I was wondering when you would get a new bike"ha:beerchug:

no reason not to have both brother:laugh:

Well yeah thats part of the plan, i just may have to take a 1 year hiatus. then i'll have both. =)

Just not sure if i really want to do this though....I mean on one hand, i love the 350z, but on the other, it would suck to come home to no busa in the garage.

right, i would be. but id have a 350z roadster to ease some of the pain. lol and i dont know what would be worse...having the bike in the garage and knowing i dont have time to ride, or not having it there at all.

well,its definately a sweet ride and if the deal is too good to pass,then dont pass it up,you know you cn by a new busa anyday of the week and what the price tag is

Goddluck

:beerchug:

Sounds like you already made up your mind man. Good luck with the new car and don't forget to post some pics.

personally, i couldn't do it but i also understand that my bike is the most important possession to me that i own and not everyone feels that way...i do understand where you are coming from and if that is what fits in your priorities then go for it, just make sure you get back on two wheels next year :beerchug:

Last edited:
Sounds like you've already made up your mind. I was also going to ask if you would drive more than you ride, but I guess you answered that already.

yep what he said.

We will need pics of coarse.:laugh:

Oh, and your gonna get left in the twisties now:whistle::lol:

Let me get this straight, You want to sell your Hayabusa so you can get this neat car; you arn't going to ride much this summer but I bet you will have time to drive the car. You might buy a new Hayabusa later but when will you have time to ride it? I bet the shine on that new car will dull too with time:banghead:

I am having the Same Problem. 02 Chevy Corvette Candy Apple Red Convertible. If the Deal goes through I will have it on Monday. Wife still does not know but I have allways wanted one and Now Can Afford two bikes and a Vette. I think I will just buy it and Deal with the Consequences. :fight:.............:whistle:

I think you have to decide what fits you best...everybody would be different. Hate to see a fellow Busa rider sell his ride, but we would always welcome your new 08 or 09 Busa! Good luck!

Back