Pain Management

mr8ball

Registered
Anyone every tried this? How Does Neurostimulation Work? As most of you know I had to give up my bike because of my back. Anyway I went to the Pain Management Dr yesterday and I was told that as long as I have been on med (28 years) that they did now think they could get one to work for that long anymore. They also told me I need to think about the liver damage the med will do if I continue to take them. They have suggested for me to try the Spinal Cord Stimulation Therapy. ControlYourPain.com - for Medical Professionals - Home Anyone here ever tried it? I am seriously thinking about giving it a try. Right now I am at the point to do anything to have some kind of a life again. What you guys think?

i personally turned down any/all surgery offers because of the risks involed,I just live with the pain.(8 discs)

I am always skeptical of anything "new fangled" but advances get made everyday. St.Jude apparantly has a good name.:thumbsup:

The pill problem is always there.They become ineffetive as time passes. You walk around feeling "doped up". One pill leads to the use of another.(liver damage,etc) Pills blo chunk.

Was surgery not an' option for you? Whats yer damage entail?

All I could suggest is following the advice of a trusted doctor,as they must know more than the average shmuck.

I used an' ancient remedy for years (not any more),a decent pain reliever,great sleep agent,etc. Unfortunately it will not be covered by yer health provider.
Irish Whiskey.:laugh:

Good luck with it all my friend. keep as posted as you try new therapies.

RSD.

I looked into it too Doug, there's a Dr in NC that does that.
He's the "pioneer" in the field.
There was a show on Discovery Channel about it.
It's tempting.
They also showed where they accidentally found a specific spot in womens' spinal cords...that causes orgasms.
The girl on the table with the needle in her back began to moan, and when they asked her what was wrong she said "Nothing, can you teach my husband how to do that?":rofl:
Herself and several others(men as well) went on to say just how well the procedure works in eliminating back pain.

i personally turned down any/all surgery offers because of the risks involed,I just live with the pain.(8 discs)

I am always skeptical of anything "new fangled" but advances get made everyday. St.Jude apparantly has a good name.:thumbsup:

The pill problem is always there.They become ineffetive as time passes. You walk around feeling "doped up". One pill leads to the use of another.(liver damage,etc) Pills blo chunk.

Was surgery not an' option for you? Whats yer damage entail?

All I could suggest is following the advice of a trusted doctor,as they must know more than the average shmuck.

I used an' ancient remedy for years (not any more),a decent pain reliever,great sleep agent,etc. Unfortunately it will not be covered by yer health provider.
Irish Whiskey.:laugh:

Good luck with it all my friend. keep as posted as you try new therapies.

RSD.

I have had 2 surg's. Last one in 2006. Six screws and 2 plates installed and it has never got any better. I have tried just about everything you can think of to get help over the years with not much luck at all. Pain pills do not do much anymore and to be honest I am tired of taking them.

Marty it is a guy here named Dr Joiner. I saw him many years ago when I first hurt my back. I went back to see him yesterday and he said he has had great results from this. I called them today and told them I want to give it a try. One good thing is that it is reversible and I get a 1 to 2 week test drive before they install everything. Of course it has to be approved by my Ins. Heres to hoping :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your pain, but I'm more interested in the fact that doctors have finally found THE SPOT??

:dunno:

IMPOSSIBLE!

:rofl:

have you entertained a nerve block procedure? my buddy has really bad back pain and has had two nerve block procedures and swears by them. the nerves do regenerate back it lasts for months before he has to go back for another procedure. gives him some quality of life for a while atleast.

im not sure if that is simialr to what you are asking but it certainly works for him.

ok, nevermind. I think I know what ur referring to. the pain signal gets replaced with another signal like a vibration or something. I think its worth lookn into.

I have had 2 surg's. Last one in 2006. Six screws and 2 plates installed and it has never got any better. I have tried just about everything you can think of to get help over the years with not much luck at all. Pain pills do not do much anymore and to be honest I am tired of taking them.

Marty it is a guy here named Dr Joiner. I saw him many years ago when I first hurt my back. I went back to see him yesterday and he said he has had great results from this. I called them today and told them I want to give it a try. One good thing is that it is reversible and I get a 1 to 2 week test drive before they install everything. Of course it has to be approved by my Ins. Heres to hoping :thumbsup:

I hope so too, maybe even getcha back on 2 wheels.

have you entertained a nerve block procedure? my buddy has really bad back pain and has had two nerve block procedures and swears by them. the nerves do regenerate back it lasts for months before he has to go back for another procedure. gives him some quality of life for a while atleast.

im not sure if that is simialr to what you are asking but it certainly works for him.

ok, nevermind. I think I know what ur referring to. the pain signal gets replaced with another signal like a vibration or something. I think its worth lookn into.
Yes, I have had 2 nerve block procedure's and they did not last. I also had 13 epidural shots before my 2nd surg. Non of them helped more then 2 weeks or so. That is the norm I here. My wife had one last year and it did not help her at all. Thanks for the thought.

I ruptured a disc and had surgery in 1995. While I'm not what I was before it; I can still ride/skydive. For me it was the right choice. Id try most anything rather than be addicted to painkillers

I really feel for you man. I have had 2 back surgeries myself and the constant pain really hampers life. For the most part I am good but every few months mine act up and it can leave me immobile for days. I manage my situation with chiropractors, massage, core strengh excersizes, and ibuprofen but try to be sparing with it as it affects blood pressure.

My opinion would be give it a shot, why not? Nice you can trial it first. Hope you find some relief!

Hi all, Just a quick update. I had to go for a psychiatric evaluation today and passed with colors :laugh:
For some reason this is required by the insurance company's now before they can do this :banghead: (What a Money Racket)
Hopefully it wont be long before I can at least try this thing. I have been on Norco for the past 3 months. It helps with the pain some but the drugged feeling is hard to deal with. The feeling of being drugged up all the time just sucks.
I am so looking forward and praying for some less pain days :please:

Back