Paging VegasDude

OB_Bob

Registered
I know that your friend has a BUSA that is very similiar to yours now. Have either of you modified your airbox yet? IF so have your also installed a BMC filter or similiar?

I know you both do not weigh the same, but have switched bikes for comparison.

I am still a little leary of the mod. I already did mine. If you did not modify the airbox I may be willing to send you my air box with BMC filter so you and your friend can run a test or should I say RACE.

Bob

Bob, do you know anyone with a TL1000R who has done the mod? I would estimate at least 90% of the TLR guys I know have done the airbox mod or run with the lid off, either way it removes the flapper system.

Normally shows big gains on the dyno, 5 to 8hp, big midrange improvement and little or no difference at low revs. My bike actually ran better at low revs (under 4000rpm) after removing the flappers - no more surging and stuttering when cranking it open. It was like a new bike, wish I had doen the mod when I first bought it!

I don't want to start a thread on the airbox again, but just trying to see if in real world riding with the BUSA it made a difference.
I do know of a TLR with the mod, but V-Twin different bike.
I also know that mod hurts the BUSA if you don't have the power commander. The Yosh can't compensate for the dip around 2500 rpm.
Thought Vegas could clear this up for me since he and his friend have the same set-up as I do--Micron, PC2.
Bob

ok bob send me the airbox and i will test it............Ill do a run without it and then do a run with it and ill see if i can tell the difference. Bob, are you trying to say im overweight? lol. Neither of us has done the airmod yet..............

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 23 October 1999).]

Hey bob could you send me the map and ill down load it into our bikes, if you have one or does do they have it on their web site?

Back