Pacific Northwest

So what is the riding like in the seattle area?  I am more than likely going to be stationed in the Bangor/Bremerton area.  I heard some rumors that you had to pay 300 quarterly to have a vehicle in Seattle.  Is this true?  How bout bikes?  I am debating where to get my busa registered when I get home.  Military can register their vehicle in any state.  But I dont know.  I was reading the Washington laws and they were saying you couldnt put any exhaust modifications on that would make it louder that stock was.  That is gay.  I dunno what other laws they have but that doesnt sound too fun.  Yall take it easy.
Stock exhust. I have been pulled over plenty of times and the exhust, the plates, and turn signals have not been mentioned.

Where are all the "Seattle" riders???

I've been looking around this board since October, and I haven't really found anyone in this thread being active on the board. Did you all go and hibernate for the winter? Someone forgot to tell me to do that!

Well, I guess I'll have to wait until Rev gets here to have a riding buddy!

beerchug.gif

There are a few. I think that Twisted and Cookie hang out on Suzukihayabusa.org. I know a few Busa riders up there who don't do the internet thing. Plus, there are several of us down here in Portland.

Good to know. I visit Portland on ocassion. I'll have to ride the Busa down and give you a call this Summer. I'm planning on doing a Summer ride down 101 (middle of the week to avoid traffic). Anyone is welcome to go with.
beerchug.gif

Give me a chance to get mine... working on trying to secure a loan/bike now that the weather is coming back out of Winter (which wasn;t all that bad this year, surprisingly). I'm upgrading to the Busa if I can find one I want and can get the loan to get one... unless someone knows of a fine person who will subsidize my needs of course. ;)

I have seen 5 this last weekend alone on 530 and over by the loop I am having a ride on 3-26 you should come for it we are going to ride the loop it would be nice to see a Busa brother

Which loop do you guys ride? Would like to hook up with you on a ride or two. I like doing 400 to 500 mile rides in the summer down around Saint Helens or over the North Cascades.

I do the north HWY and mostly good for a quick ride but we are planning over on the islands on the 23 of April go to thecyclepaths.com and sign up good guys we will be posting a ride soon and i also am going to post one for st. helens the north cascades would be a great ride never done that email me we should plan a ride i know a few guys that would do the cascades with us.

Id be interested in any trips that can be done in a few days. Id love to ride with others more but I dont mind my solitairy rides either.
smile.gif
My favorite day trip is from Bellingham is to Winthrop and back.

I'm here , where are the rest ? Lets get a ride going .... Say the end of May?? All Wa. riders track this topic!!

I just helped put together a few rides for my local bike shop. Everett Powersports. We did the first EPS sponsored ride last saturday. I'll let you guys know when the other rides get scheduled. In 108mi was had about 300 turns. That was pretty serious twisties! The next ride will probably go out around Monroe or Sultan on the back roads.

sounds great . my girlfriends family is in everett , so that would be an okay meeting point if we get alot from the north interested. whats EPS?

My bike is finally here and have done some short rides on it... still needs to be broken in though (both the bike and myself
laugh.gif
), so I dunno how fun I'd be on the rides until I get her and me up to speed.

One thing I'm looking forward to (once I get the luggage I want and a new windscreen) is a ride down to San Francisco. Am I a masochist? Possibly, but I want to do it and take a lot of pictures along the way, just to see if I have any of my photography chops still.

My bike is finally here and have done some short rides on it... still needs to be broken in though (both the bike and myself
laugh.gif
), so I dunno how fun I'd be on the rides until I get her and me up to speed.

One thing I'm looking forward to (once I get the luggage I want and a new windscreen) is a ride down to San Francisco.  Am I a masochist?  Possibly, but I want to do it and take a lot of pictures along the way, just to see if I have any of my photography chops still.
hey man, what's up? What kind of luggage are yiou looking for. MY corbins are for sale, but they are blue (2001 Blue/Silver Busa).

A bunch of us from VAncouver BC, WA, and Portland did that ride in '03. We went to Laguna...took an inland route, hit Crater Lake and a bunch of twisties. It took 2 days to get down there, where we met up with a bunch of other Busa riders. it was a lot of fun, but this time, I am tralering down....then riding.

I am planning a ride down to cali the end of july riding down to hunington beach to get married then rideing back up, i know sounds strange but she whants to stay down there with her fam for another week so this is our sulotion i do something i what and so does she god i love my wife tobe. my buddy also is going down there with me some if anyone wants to join that would be cool. I will give more info if anyone is iterested

Back