Pacific Northwest

I don’t like that section either, kind of misleading.

I started one under "General Bike" stuff. Sure to be stimulating dialogue for the discerning connoisseur...

I think this will be my second such thread. My first was for a Swedish station wagon, so this will be a change. I do enjoy the vast pool of knowledge these forums offer. And the banter. This group seems very nice.

I'm hoping to hook up with some locals for an occasional group rides.

Me and my LC4 somewhere in Colorado.

Tue%20008-M.jpg

Last edited:
Years ago, a buddy in Michigan stored his Sportster in his living room over the winter. Always thought that was the coolest thing.

Awesome. The house faces north, so come August the garage is full sun much of the day.

My neighbors blew in insulation in their garage ceiling and walls over the summer, but for me I think the doors are the best bang for the buck.

I used "Rocksol" green insulation bats in my walls and ceiling of my garage as well as (at the time) put that 1 inch Styrofoam on the door...worked great and you can certainly notice the difference summer or winter...I can heat it with a small ceramic space heater..

You can use the pink stuff but at the time the green stuff was on sale and it isn't itchy to handle...

In my last house the 1978 cellulose had compacted below the level of the 2x4's. No bueno...

One of my favorite upgrades was a 50' string of work lights from front to back. It had a lamp every 10' or so. Drop the cord through the access and plug it into the hallway outlet. And suddenly the annual attic inspection wasn't so scary...

I think my garage is R40 as it sits now...I have batting in the ceiling and used 1 inch foam sheets with the shiny side out as the ceiling to reflect light...works great.

Covering Seattle territory in addition to my own. Recent storms. Losing my mind...

Instagram went over 1,100 followers. Booya.

Tore off the janky aftermarket headlight flasher and gear indicator. Still have 27 wires (actual count) connected to the battery.

Last edited:
Note that plastic insulation is not intended to be installed exposed to heat sources and can burn at very low temperatures. I would recommend at least a layer of drywall as a heat barrier over plastics, especially in a residential application without sprinklers and wood construction.

Back