Own your busa?

Own your busa? - Or does the bank?

• I own her outright!

Votes: 373 100.0%
  • Suzuki Financial has the clamp on my baby.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A big bank vehicle loan is helping me limp along.

• Credit Union (lower interest??).

• I paid most of it off, so a signature loan is all I needed.

• I borrowed the money from a friend/family member.

• Credit Card (obviously I am NUTZ).

• Loan shark (yikers!)

• Other (please explain).

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oracle

Registered
I was thinking about this one lately... Since my wife and I finally got out of credit card debt, the next thing to go is "toy" loans.

My credit Union owns mine... For now. We went this route because the interest was like 2.5% lower than Suzuki at the time.

I am already getting that sinking feeling in my stomach... Two people have selected owning theirs outright... Am I the only idiot out there who spent before having??

I realize that many folks do this for insurance purposes. Prolly need another poll that asks about the kind of coverage you carry. I might be afraid (the way I ride) to not have full coverage even if I owned it outright.

Paid for mine cash and I have Full Coverage Insurance thru State Farm...Though some people pay it off quicker just so they dont have to have insurance...But IMO, if you love your bike, somebody may love it more...then one day its gone...Not fun when you busted your ass to get it..

I financed about $5000 of mine thru da' bank

Sucks with the full coverage.. but I would carry full coverage on it anyway..

Paid cash for my baby AND carry full coverage because I can't afford to do that again!!! biggrin.gif

Own mine lock, stock, and barrel~ I had to sell my 4X4 Toy
truck to do it, but it's all mine...  biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, I keep full coverage on it also~ To many stinkin
thieves out there in the world today~ Much better for the
peace of mind...

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: "I'm a dumbass... ;)"|1079635074 -->

Paid cash and do not carry insurance. At the rate some of these comanies charge I can amortize that savings into payin for the bike again. Would like to, but have not found reasonable Comp. rates. wink.gif

I got a good deal on mine so I was able to pay cash, but I just carry the liability since Full coverage was over $4K a year.

Credit Union. Public Liability and Property Damage are all I carry for Insurance $300 CDN per year.

paid for 5k cash, financed 4900 for my bike with suzuki. thinking about a balance transfer to zero percent with my plat.card biggrin.gif . carry full coverage and would even if I owned it completely....cuz too many stinkin theives in the world. sad.gif mad.gif

Sorry to rail your post Oracle, But did you all try State Farm Insurance? I got a sweet deal with the cars and bike, the bike costs me 248 a year, full coverage w/ unisured motorist. I do have a clean record though...:D

Sorry to rail your post Oracle, But did you all try State Farm Insurance? I got a sweet deal with the cars and bike, the bike costs me 248 a year, full coverage w/ unisured motorist. I do have a clean record though...:D
That is awesome! I am being raped!

I will check into that one ASAP. I too have a clean record since I don't stop.

( ;

I spent all of my cash on the '03 Honda ST1300. I needed more of a thrill so I financed the Busa 6 months later. Now the ST doesn't get any play. Anybody wanna' buy it, so I can payoff my Busa?

DJ

state farm is the place 2 get busa insurance...$280 a year full coverage $50 dollar deduct and there fast on claims...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back