overheating problem/clutch/ advice

kornbread2006

Registered
hi all,

firstly im new to this site, live in uk, just bought a K2 busa love it!! had a gsxr1000 k3 before and r1 and zx6r before that.
problems are these:

when bike is idling temp raises to over half fan kicks in and out as its supposed to, but when the throttle is touched it is either cutting out or almost cutting out untill the revs are lifted above say 4000k

turn the bike off leave it about 30 secs then start it again and it starts, but will continue to do the same if not ridden off.

second problem when trying to fast launch off the lights the bike some times judders like the clutch is being engaged and disengaed like in a car when it jumps along annoying as hell!!

have taken the bike back to the dealer to check it out they are saying the busa sometimes needs heat proof wrapping around the fuel pump as the heat is causing the fuel lines to go soft and then flat when demanded from by the pump???

also where can i get the rear hump? in blue ? and what size sprocket is best for acceleration but not to much wheelie action??

thanks team your all stars k:thumbsup::bowdown:

first of all......:welcome:aboard. secondly, what is cutting out when the throttle is touched, the bike, fan? and i've never heard of any1 "wrapping" a fuel pump

Welcome!

:welcome:

Sounds to me like a dirty fuel system.
Try and drain out all the old fuel, (look at it and see if it shows anything) replace it with new fuel and run some fuel injector/system cleaner through it.
We use Techron, Seafoam, BG44K etc over here - don't know what you have over there.
The fuel filter may also be clogged if the fuel was dirty.

Check this out as a FYI:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/97417-rusty-fuel-pump-bad.html

Good Luck!

Last edited:
first guys thanks for the quick reply, still waiting on the dealers to let me know what the problem is, but just to clarify the bike is cutting out when it gets hot, and generally feels rough at idle.:beerchug:

Back