Overcharging Issues

AAOMC BURNOUT

Registered
I have a 03 busa that overcharging..It started after i put HiD lights in so i took them out....I changed the rectifier and stator...Now it idles 14.3 but when i start throddling ...it climbs to 18 and blowns my headlight...I need help...could it be i got aftermarket parts instead of OEM

I replaced my rectifier with the shindengen sh847 which is a newer design from the DL1000A.

I also put in a lithium battery from shorei. The one with 19Ah. It's twice as powerful as my old lead acid and half the weight. I got a connector and the relevant information from www.roadstercycle.com

This solved all my electrical gremlins. Its a lot bigger rectifier but it mounts up nicely on the right side of the bike right behind the back vent opening. I'll get a pic.

Hello, I am planning to buy an SH847 r/r for my 2004 Hayabusa, can somebody please post a pic of how and where they mounted it ??

thanks for your offer but my friend had a GSXR750 and he tried a lot of R/R's and all of them lasted only a few months until he put the Shindengen SH775 from roadstercycle and since then his charging sytem has worked perfectly( now for about 4 years ) so please no offers of other R/R s apart from Shindengen.

But is it made by Shindengen and is it Mosfet ??

The Mosfet regulator that we sell by Rick's is a 50A regulator that plugs right in and bolts right up in the stock location . . . and is $50 less than what you are looking at.

Stock regulators are Thyristor, which creates resistance and heat and consequently, problems. Mosfet is a different technology that involves switching and does not generate heat. Once again, the regulators we sell are MOSFET style. I will find out who actually makes them, and can tell you I have had one in my own Busa for the last eight years . . . I didn't have to solder or make a bracket, or hack my bike up to install it. It bolts right up and works great, never gets hot. Shindengen has been around for many years and is a great regulator, the same technology as what I am describing. Go with what you are comfortable with, you won't go wrong either way.

Back