Over re-acted a little?....

The generic is don't resist...bad guy off the street...rest his soul and pray for his family.

In the reports, and video examination, the knife was in his hand as he exited the truck. It was found by detectives/investigators near the tailgate of that truck. The knife he was given was a folding knife. Not a throwing / fixed blade knife. He put gloves on to retrieve his knife because it was covered in blood.

As explained already you shoot to stop the threat. If he had used 46 rounds I could care less.

The generic is don't resist...bad guy off the street...rest his soul and pray for his family.

Can you explain how he resisted?
The a-hole trigger happy cop didn't even give the guy a chance.....
Its things like this that give cops a bad name. The news story says the cop was justified in the shooting....but to me it didn't look that way... I am a white guy but if i was a cop i would have never reacted that way....It probably happened down south.

Its things like this that give cops a bad name. The news story says the cop was justified in the shooting....but to me it didn't look that way... I am a white guy but if i was a cop i would have never reacted that way....It probably happened down south.

Well now you've really proved something ......... Do you read sir ? Go back to post #1 of your thread and read everything word for word, including attached documents.

1) When you fail to comply with a lawful order you are resisting.

1) Do you personally know this officer ? Have you ever met ? I saw a guy do his job. He tried holstering his weapon that he had drawn because he was dealing with a dangerous felon and was on a felony stop. Instead of staying in the door of his cruiser he made the choice to move up to block the escape of this individual finding himself face to face with a dangerous felon with a knife in his hand. At that point still shouting commands he fights to draw his weapon a second time and fires on the subject.

If you go back in this thread and read my post you'll find where I posted that the cop gave him many , many chances. He did not pull up and unload into the cab of the truck.

1) Cops don't need to do anything IMO to have a bad name with you sir. Cops in general that do their job will earn a bad name among criminals and those within the criminal culture.

2) The officer was investigated from memory by his department, by the local prosecutors office ( probably by a Grand Jury ) and by a state agency. An independent firm was hired to break the video down frame by frame. They found all the evidence required.

3) What does your race have to do with any of this ?

4) Southern California ? More cops in the south die than our brothers and sisters up north because we act in a friendly manner instead of what we're taught, which is a professional manner. That last part might be bogus, but that's what we're told in the academy.

I could go on for days sir. I actually know officers who have been killed and I know officers that have killed. I say officers that have killed, but in reality I only know one that is still policing. The others have been medically retired or simply resigned from policing because of what taking another life did to them.

Fuel and Beer - I am not a cop but if i was and a guy was waving around a knife, i wouldn't shoot him unless he was right up on me....

And that is why you would be dead if you were ever in a situation like this. Thank goodness you are not a police officer, but if you are ever armed and someone comes at you with a knife, go ahead and wait till they are right up on you. Carried by 6

Carried by 6 F&B

LOL, i hear ya....The cop did not even give the guy a chance to comply... it was just bang, bang, bang.....I am not a cop but if i was and a guy was waving around a knife, i wouldn't shoot him unless he was right up on me....What that officer did was very un called for....I think when that officer woke up, he said to himself, i am going to kill some body today cuz i got a gun, i got a badge and i am a cop so i can do soo...I am glad the police got sued... No matter what the guy that got shot background was, there was no need to shoot him like that coward officer did.
you have have no idea what you are talking about and you sound like 5 year old. ur well within ur rights as a police officer to use deadly force with a knife attacker within 21 feet.

people like you have a obvious misunderstanding that when you pull ur gun out and shoot the suspect he goes down and dies immediately. it might work that way in the movies but in real life ALL people firing a gun under stress will miss often. and just because you shoot someone doesnt mean ur gonna stop him which means if he waits to shoot when he is only several feet away he runs the risk of the suspect cutting him badly or stabbing him to death him.

so next time you have diarrhea of the mouth learn your facts first cause you have no clue what you are talking about. I think you woke up this moring and said "Im clueless and sound ignorant"

I have two problems with this. First the cop runs up to a vehicle where a known armed and dangerous person is located. The second is that he shoots at least 13 times. at least twice while he is on the ground and once in the back on the ground. I have no problem with an officer protecting themself but at what point do you say enough is enough? That was absolutely excessive and everyone in here that has chimed indefending the cop knows it was as well. And BTW, I've watched this video several times and I yet to see a knife or anything els in his hands which is why they couldnt find one. The perp looked like he was trying to run and got tangled up. So i say the shooting was bordeline justified but excessive.
Exactly, have you ever heard the phrase, birds of a feather flock together? Someone from a different forum told me that hayabusa.org is more or less a military cop website because theres a lot of cops that come to this website, i don't know if its true or not....
I am not a follower , i have my own brain and will always tell you like it is....what that cop did was wrong, no f'ing question about it...

Exactly, have you ever heard the phrase, birds of a feather flock together? Someone from a different forum told me that hayabusa.org is more or less a military cop website because theres a lot of cops that come to this website, i don't know if its true or not....
I am not a follower , i have my own brain and will always tell you like it is....what that cop did was wrong, no f'ing question about it...

Yes,we have some cops and military. Both are tough jobs.Every proffession contains good and bad and everything in between.

So, what would you have done? Wait till he threw the knife at you? Then shot?

I'm pretty decent with a knife. I can hit the center ace on a playing card at 22 feet. About the size of your eyeball....:laugh:

I throw hard too. Like I'm throwing a baseball. My whole arm and body goes into it.

Whats your idea for the correct response to this scenario? Ask him politely to stop misbehaving.:rofl:

RSD.

Let me Simplify things Here ..................Police Officer Gave an Order and the Suspect Did Not Comply !!!! He Paid the Price.............God Bless There Families because they Truly Pay the Price !!

Robert

Given that this thread is essentially a debate over the incident, it seems rather obvious that there IS MOST CERTAINLY a "question about it". Hayabusa.org is a military/cop website? Sounds like you've made yet another unfounded assumption.

It's notable how you've given every benefit of the doubt to the criminal yet none to the officer. You're asumptions seem to be as follows: The nice, innocent, well-meaning, model citizen of a suspect that did nothing wrong was needlessly gunned down by the evil, corrupt, trigger-happy officer that woke up that morning with a bad attitude and a power trip and simply planned to go out and murder someone.

Is that truly your assessment?

A little body armor under the gear :laugh: Besides, I stop at stop signs and traffic signals :tongue3:

Back