Over heated, why?????

busadnnor

Registered
Here's the back story first...bike has been running fine all summer, as a matter of fact i've never had a problem with the bike in the 3 1/2 years i've had the bike.
I got my bike back from the paint shop yesterday, i rode it there BTW, but trailered it home because the battery was dead. charged the battery and fired it up, let it run for about 5 mins, rode it to the end of my street and back. let it sit for another 5 mins.....and all of a sudden antifreeze starting pouring out the bottom...:banghead:

so any ideas why that would happen?????
try not to get too technical please....:bowdown:...thanks

Because the bike overheated ; hey it's what you asked for. :laugh:

Sitting five minutes, trip down to the corner, sitting five minutes. Gen I's do not like to sit. Did the fan ever kick in ?

You will have people tell you that the Busa doesn't overheat, but if that were the case and it's not ( from my experience anyway ) you wouldn't see muzzy fan mods, second fan mods, or the update to the Gen II. Heavy to stopped traffic in the summer will get you too. As a dear old friend of mine would say " Just Grip it and Rip it ".

Seriously - check it out to make sure everythings alright, but they do overheat.

Hey thanks, i found a cable that was disconnected and i'm pretty sure it was the fan. after i get more coolant in it i'll find out for sure. :thumbsup:

i asked this in another thread, can i use just regular coolant? like what i would use in my car?

Manual for the Gen II states high quality ethylene glycol. 50:50 mix with distilled water. I'm away from home so check your manual.

Back