outdoor security camera

RYC1966

Donating Member
Registered
I'm moving and want to put outdoor cameras around the house and shop...are the wifi ones the way to go or ones that a cat5 / whatever sat cables is? I see a bunch on ebay / amazon...I would want 6-8 cameras...some are 54... the bullet type... each and some are 125....the ball type. Any tips / brands to use is appreciated.

Take care, Ryan

From what I've seen the wireless cameras have a degration in video quality and reception at times. They might be ok if only used on the sides of the house but out in the yard or driveway you might run into issues.

Best Buy carries a Swann unit that is 8 channel and comes with 4 cameras at I believe 600 dpi but D1 quality capable which is also Smart phone friendly and good tech support.
Under comparison, AudioTronics carries close to the same unit for about $1000 for only the DVR box. The Swann unit is about $450 for the DVR or $800 with everything.

There are many cheaper options out there, but take into consideration what you want out of the unit and the quality of view vs quality of playback

Edit: Here's one with 9 channels at 700dpi for $650
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/swann-p...olsp-app02-163?id=1218906367801&skuId=8822218

Back