Outdoor cover

ZeePopo

Registered
Need to buy a outdoor cover for my Gen 2 bird. Any specific brands you guys recommend? I really like the stretchy fabric kind but seems all the ones I find are for indoor use.

I keep my bikes outdoors always under covers , and having gone through many many types from several manufacturers I can only recommend Spada . The other brands eventually get ripped to shreds by strong winds. A bit pricey but cheaper in the long run.

I have used quite a few covers the past few years until I found a good one. JDC Waterproof covers are the best by far. I am currently living in Europe and bought mine from Amazon Germany. They should be available in the US as well. These are heavy duty covers that will not blow away in the wind and they are indeed waterproof. I use a size medium on my GSR750. I think the Busa will require a large.

I really like the stretchy fabric kind but seems all the ones I find are for indoor use.

Get a Geeza. If you look at the information that is available on their site, you will see why this is the only cover that is practical for everyday, carry along use. It's compact and it protects the bike from sun as well as a full length cover with the exception of the front fender. You could get them to make a cover that stretched over that if you want. I have the most inexpensive model and it will keep the seat dry after sitting in a downpour. Wait for their blem sale and you will get a great deal on a cover with no visible blemishes. If you have mirrors removed, order without mirror holes. This is one accessories I give my highest recommendation on. It's a great company that makes covers for all sorts of purposes including military equipment. They know their stuff.

Get a Geeza. If you look at the information that is available on their site, you will see why this is the only cover that is practical for everyday, carry along use. It's compact and it protects the bike from sun as well as a full length cover with the exception of the front fender. You could get them to make a cover that stretched over that if you want. I have the most inexpensive model and it will keep the seat dry after sitting in a downpour. Wait for their blem sale and you will get a great deal on a cover with no visible blemishes. If you have mirrors removed, order without mirror holes. This is one accessories I give my highest recommendation on. It's a great company that makes covers for all sorts of purposes including military equipment. They know their stuff.
When do they have their blem sales? Thx for the info!

When do they have their blem sales? Thx for the info!

I'm not sure. I would call and ask. The guy I talked to back in about 2010 was extremely knowledgeable and spent a lot of time informing me about the product. I'll bet he's still there. What I remember being told was to watch the website and look for a blem sale announcement.

My questions were concerning the lack of full coverage of the bike. The answer is that sun damage doesn't happen to the lower panels of the bike. Sun effects the seat and other portions of the bike that face upward. The cover is more compact because it only covers the part of the bike that is vulnerable to sun. It lets heat and condensation out and there is no need to be concerned about the muffler burning the cover. A helmet might be placed on the seat and hidden under the cover. Bar end mirrors and other aftermarket parts (with the possible exception of luggage compartments) fit the cover just fine because it stretches to fit. You can order custom covers if your bike has parts on it that might effect the fit of the cover. It keeps rain out and it doesn't buffet against the paint if its windy or being carried in an open trailer. The only drawback IMO is that it looks so cool, it might increase the curiosity of onlookers. There was a lock they made for the cover at one time so that it could not be easily stollen. I think I'd rather have the cover get stolen and hope they don't tip the bike over trying.

Back