Outbid at $7900 for a '08 with 50 miles

spotrot

Registered
This morning I was outbid on flawless black '08 with 50 miles in Daytona.

My friend stopped my bidding at $7700 and the two other still active bidders took it to $7900.

I'm having some regrets:banghead:, but then again who knows how high it would have gone if I kept the bidding going.

With bidding no matter site or article set your limit before you bid and do not let emotion get in the way.
I have let emotion get in the way at a few auctions.
Imagine how you would feel now if you won and thought you overpaid .
It's a worse feeling being stuck with an over paid for item than having to look for another.

Should of used bid stealer!!

still have to bave been the highest bidder but prevents the bidding war!!

Bid stealer etc. is a good idea, thanks.

I should have mentioned it was at an actual real-time auction, not ebay.

Maybe it was a good thing that you were outbid. Maybe there is something wrong with the bike and that is why it only has 50 miles on it. Good luck on getting a great deal on a new ride. :thumbsup:

It wasn't meant for you bro. I know you're bummed, but your bike will come along soon. Don't give up.

there are plenty bikes out there, just keep looking until you find the one you want at your price level :beerchug:

I've been in that boat before. When I would win, there would always be a better deal the next week. Just set your price and dont budge, you'll find one for the price you set it at eventually.

dont worry, there are lots of Bikes out there and folks hurtin for $ you will get another chance.

Watch out for the private e mail saying the deal fell through and you were the next higher bid. They will ask you if you want the bike and set up a deal to pay for the bike off ebay. You sent them the money and they rip you off. Because the deal was made off ebay with private mail your not covered by ebay security.
This happened to a friend of mine. Turns out they used the bidding to collect e mail addresses and I bet everyone that posted a bid was contacted the same way. If its too good to be true, you know how the old saying goes. Be careful my friend, you may get a letter in a few days that will offer the bike at your price...

Back