Out w/ Hayden, In w/ Crutchlow

cheferman65

Registered
In moving to Ducati Team, Crutchlow - currently with Monster Yamaha Tech3 - will re-partner Andrea Dovizioso to whom he was teammate in 2012. Coventry-born and presently residing in the Isle of Man, he sits fifth in the standings behind official factory riders Marc Marquez, Dani Pedrosa, Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi. At Ducati Team, Crutchlow will replace 2006 title winner Nicky Hayden.

Crutchlow made his MotoGPâ„¢ debut in 2011 and picked up the accolade of Rookie of the Year, having won the World Supersport Championship two years earlier. To date, his premier class career has seen the now 27-year-old achieving six podium finishes and one fastest lap, as well as the pole position he picked up at Assen earlier this season.

Half an hour after the Crutchlow announcement on Friday, it was confirmed that his replacement at Monster Yamaha Tech3 will be Spain’s Pol Espargaro.

There you have it...Good luck to Cal!

35crutchlow_lg43943_slideshow_169.jpg

I really like watching Crutch race. Unfortunately I think this is not the right factory team for him...

But then again... He will make a lot more money but only have to compete for 7th place....

But then again... He will make a lot more money but only have to compete for 7th place....

If he can keep the bike upright and on the track lol

I understand trying to make a buck but boy do I think that's a terrible career choice. Guy here at work said that Factory Honda was after him and he declined the offer

Last edited:
I know he wanted factory support, but right now Ducati has not been competitive.....and Pol skips over his brother? Aleix has certainly rode the pants off his CRT and I think he should have been given first shot...

If he can keep the bike upright and on the track lol

I understand trying to make a buck but boy do I think that's a terrible career choice. Guy here at work said that Factory Honda was after him and he declined the offer

Yea lately has been nothing but career ending for any rider. I guess Stoner is the only one who can ride one, nobody else has had any success.. I have a hard time believing that Honda was after Crutchlow...

I know he wanted factory support, but right now Ducati has not been competitive.....and Pol skips over his brother? Aleix has certainly rode the pants off his CRT and I think he should have been given first shot...

THIS!!! It sure is awesome watching Aleix wring that CRT's neck... I definitely think he could be competitive with a satellite or factory ride.

Stoner was literally the only one who could ride the wheels off that thing and be in any race. Then again, Stoner could ride anything and be competitive haha

wrong team... better off stay where he is..
i heard hayden might end up in superbike..

Back