Out BSing..Go against a built R1

Dark3

Registered
Beat this Built R1 twice. This bike beat the S1KRR that beat me a few weeks ago so I need a round two with that beemer. The bee has been running strong lately. Still haven't seen a bike that can stay with me on the 2nd gear dig with my current gearing. She is a monster down low. That WRT Auto tune is a Muther, the bike feels like its runs better every week after applying the previous logs. Whats next?? Probly a big azz bottle with a 30 shot. Strongly considering changing my plans of turbo to a NOS 1441 motor that can handle a big shot. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your vids:beerchug:
Get a 1441 with a good head/cams,an airshifter,and -1 up front and you wont need nitrous to assrape your buddys..you will literally run away from them.

Or,a stage1 turbo would be great too...once you learn how to ride a turbo bike,and you get used to the power delivery&when it builds positive manifold pressure.....you brake-boost at the start of your roll-races,there wont be many bikes on the road that will be able to hang:laugh:

I think just go with a dry shot nitrous setup with your current motor, build a different map for it. Research it thorough like you always do and just try that. Get a used setup off of psychobike. You can turn around and sell it when you want to do your big build, get your money back. Was talking to a guy with 8k miles on his dry shot gen 2, no problems. Cory Meaux, he is on facebook on I-shoc. Dude knows tons and is super helpful, I think if you set up just like him, you would be happy for a while. Just like anything else, it wears off. Hence my credit card devastation. But I do not agree with the mantra "nitrous wears out your motor". I think that is from dudes that are not tuning properly. Think about combustion and how nitrous works. If the AFR is on and the timing is correct, it shouldn't destroy or wear anything. The gen 2 guys at Orlando Speedway run 40hp dry shots, run 8.2 (well, the semi-pro riders with the semi-pro street setups) and they are not pulling their motors apart. Actually, I think the 8.2 guys are running a bit more than 40, especially since I saw a progressive nitrous controller when I snuck a peak. My phone has been broke but when I get back up, will give you a call.

I think just go with a dry shot nitrous setup with your current motor, build a different map for it. Research it thorough like you always do and just try that. Get a used setup off of psychobike. You can turn around and sell it when you want to do your big build, get your money back. Was talking to a guy with 8k miles on his dry shot gen 2, no problems. Cory Meaux, he is on facebook on I-shoc. Dude knows tons and is super helpful, I think if you set up just like him, you would be happy for a while. Just like anything else, it wears off. Hence my credit card devastation. But I do not agree with the mantra "nitrous wears out your motor". I think that is from dudes that are not tuning properly. Think about combustion and how nitrous works. If the AFR is on and the timing is correct, it shouldn't destroy or wear anything. The gen 2 guys at Orlando Speedway run 40hp dry shots, run 8.2 (well, the semi-pro riders with the semi-pro street setups) and they are not pulling their motors apart. Actually, I think the 8.2 guys are running a bit more than 40, especially since I saw a progressive nitrous controller when I snuck a peak. My phone has been broke but when I get back up, will give you a call.

The only issue with the nitrous in this application,for doing highway runs like Dark3 in the vid,after a handful of pulls the bottle is empty and then you're at the back of the pack again. No fun if you're out messing around with your buddies all day.

agreed! thats why a Turbo is the only way to go. u can practice all day every day and never have to fill the bottle. aren't bottles for babies anyway.....:whistle::laugh:

The only issue with the nitrous in this application,for doing highway runs like Dark3 in the vid,after a handful of pulls the bottle is empty and then you're at the back of the pack again. No fun if you're out messing around with your buddies all day.

ha nice! things haul ass down low! I guess u scared the other dude off lol

Yea hes that guy that talks big then hides all the time. Thats a 4th gen zx10 that im confident will get the foot to azz. Funny how i answer up for all call outs which you know come extra when you ride a busa but when i call guys out they wont line up lol.

Thanks for the comments and for watching guys. I hear you guys about the boost and i still havent made up my mind. Always that 3rd grn wild card too which should be out in the next year or two. Stock turbo?? Hmm why not when the turbo busa is so popular, def more expensive to produce though. Kevin, ill tty soon, you need a better phone lol. Aint this the second time your phone was down this month haha. I just got off of a two week hooah field problem, ready to go ride today. I mounted the gopro on my tail to try a didferent angle but cant find anybody free to ride with. Might have to ride solo.

lol yea that dude was actually trying to be shielded by the other bikes hiding like a little coward lol. them bikes are fast to. I've sen em go mid 8's at the track and ride on the street so ya never know but I'm betting his was bone stock or maybe just an exhaust but nonetheless I think their pretty quick even stock. wat did the dude say to you?

Yea hes that guy that talks big then hides all the time. Thats a 4th gen zx10 that im confident will get the foot to azz. Funny how i answer up for all call outs which you know come extra when you ride a busa but when i call guys out they wont line up lol.

4th Gen 10Rs are no joke with the right bolt-ons and the right person flashing the ECU. There are a few that ride with us and they all make 190rwhp;on the exact same dyno,my Gen2 with Akra pipe made 191rwhp...so those Kawi's are legit.... and 125+lbs lighter than a Busa

Yea i had a gen 2 amd it was a animal at the time. Im just confident in this gen 2 to go against almost anything with this gearing and me riding. With the 18/45 and the AFR, timing, ect dialed in, it truly feels like a much lighter and more responsive machine. My battles only begin in mid 5 to 6th gear. Even a s1krr gets taken for a walk from 2-4. Im happy with the gearing i just feel like i need to be able to climb revs faster in 5th. Thats my weak point. Oh and brett, yea he didnt say much just played dumb like he didnt know he was being called out. Ive asked him to line up last week twice no attempt on his part. Im over it. Let him shame for his kawa brotherhood.

Yeah, I guess the nitrous would just be a temp fix for his desires but he does have a swing arm so he could mount a pretty big nos bottle. Once he digs into that turbo though, the expense is never ending and is money he will never ever get back. Might as well go ultra kit, full out or else when you get tired of the stage 1, you cant really stick with it long. I dont know. Maybe he would be the one guy that would be ok with just stage one boost. But if I had a gen II, I would do the motor mods, as simple as they are, to make it run at least a stage II. That ecu and already having secondaries, no reason to short change yourself with a stage 1. I wish I hadnt fallen in love with the track. There is nobody that is competitive with turbos against the nitrous guys. You need boost, A LOT. AND the ability to put it to the ground which is so so damn hard. They are doing progressive nitrous with 15" swing arms and slicks, coming off the line at 8k at the 1/8th mile. How can you beat a nitrous zx14 running 5.teens, 5.2? Gary was running 10lbs of boost and hooking up hard with good 60ft, and still only turning 5.5. Sidney from MPS told me he has run a 4.9 with a pro street set up but at 20+lbs boost.

Yeah, I guess the nitrous would just be a temp fix for his desires but he does have a swing arm so he could mount a pretty big nos bottle. Once he digs into that turbo though, the expense is never ending and is money he will never ever get back. Might as well go ultra kit, full out or else when you get tired of the stage 1, you cant really stick with it long. I dont know. Maybe he would be the one guy that would be ok with just stage one boost. But if I had a gen II, I would do the motor mods, as simple as they are, to make it run at least a stage II. That ecu and already having secondaries, no reason to short change yourself with a stage 1. I wish I hadnt fallen in love with the track. There is nobody that is competitive with turbos against the nitrous guys. You need boost, A LOT. AND the ability to put it to the ground which is so so damn hard. They are doing progressive nitrous with 15" swing arms and slicks, coming off the line at 8k at the 1/8th mile. How can you beat a nitrous zx14 running 5.teens, 5.2? Gary was running 10lbs of boost and hooking up hard with good 60ft, and still only turning 5.5. Sidney from MPS told me he has run a 4.9 with a pro street set up but at 20+lbs boost.

Yea From what i see it appears you are right. I know turbos are beast and alot of guys here have alot of money wrapped up in them which WILL cause some biased recomendations in order to justify that money. Not saying its a horrible thing but we all like to think we havent wasted alot of money. The problem i see is the real world race results in my realm. You may find one video on youtube of a turbo busa winning a rollon to 10 losses against stock motor bikes in many cases. Im not sure why actually and me and kevin have discussed that in depth. Im still on the border on my plans of turbo or a large shot 1441. On paper and for practicality the boost always wins but out here on the streets I would put my money on a stock motor with a 40 shot and a GOOD TUNE any day of the week because thats just how the cookie crumbles from my perspective

Kevin,sounds like you're comparing a grudge bike to a class-specific bike with rules to adhere to. Lol nobody really has a grudge turbo Busa cause it wouldnt get any races,it'd be that nasty.

Dark3,your bike sounds setup nicely with the gearing. The problem with that shorter gearing is that(like you are finding out)you run out of oomph up top prematurely and the other bikes will catch up and pass you on the big end.
Which leads to some fun,if not frustrating bench-racing. "I beat you from 60-160mph" but then the guy you just beat says back, "yeah and then I walked right past you at 160mph and waved bye". The never ending battle makes us all wanna keep modding and one-upping your buddy's:beerchug:

If you have the chance,grab a ride on a well set-up Gen2 with a 1441,head/cams,air shifter and run it through the gears a few times. Chances are you may like it better then a stg1 turbo. I love mine,and I also love my stg1 1000 turbo. Two very different types of power delivery but you can't be sneaky with a turbo,everyone will know what you have. On the flip side,an all motor Gen2 looks like every other Gen2 with bolt-on's. The 24v starter will give it away if someone who knows big horsepower N/A Busa's hears you crank the starter. But most are clueless and it's more fun to snipe your riding buddies with a sleeper:laugh: I wouldnt get rid of my Gen2 as its the perfect all around street bike for me. Lowered and geared for the 1/4mi it kicks ass at a Friday night test&tune. Then raised back up and a few quick suspension adjustments and Im out on Sunday mornings blasting through the mountains with the liter bikes. I can't say the same for my turbo 1000,it fits into a niche but doesnt do everything well like the all-motor Gen2. Just some food for thought

I haven't bumped into a SWB bike thats pulled out on my Gen2,it's a bad ass bike. It literally runs away from 4th Gen 10Rs and any year S1000RR

Maybe its because guys cant keep the front down and dont know how to build boost for rollons properly. Maybe its because that NOS is making for a strong instant dig which the boosted bike has to chase and eventually runs out of road and race

Kevin,sounds like you're comparing a grudge bike to a class-specific bike with rules to adhere to. Lol nobody really has a grudge turbo Busa cause it wouldnt get any races,it'd be that nasty.

Dark3,your bike sounds setup nicely with the gearing. The problem with that shorter gearing is that(like you are finding out)you run out of oomph up top prematurely and the other bikes will catch up and pass you on the big end.
Which leads to some fun,if not frustrating bench-racing. "I beat you from 60-160mph" but then the guy you just beat says back, "yeah and then I walked right past you at 160mph and waved bye". The never ending battle makes us all wanna keep modding and one-upping your buddy's:beerchug:

If you have the chance,grab a ride on a well set-up Gen2 with a 1441,head/cams,air shifter and run it through the gears a few times. Chances are you may like it better then a stg1 turbo. I love mine,and I also love my stg1 1000 turbo. Two very different types of power delivery but you can't be sneaky with a turbo,everyone will know what you have. On the flip side,an all motor Gen2 looks like every other Gen2 with bolt-on's. The 24v starter will give it away if someone who knows big horsepower N/A
Busa's hears you crank the starter. But most are clueless and it's more fun to snipe your riding buddies with a sleeper:laugh:

I haven't bumped into a SWB bike thats pulled out on my Gen2,it's a bad ass bike. It literally runs away from 4th Gen 10Rs and any year S1000RR
Well said! If I do decide to go NA I would be really interested to find a builder that tunes with WRT. It may seem insignificant and misguided to some but owning your tune and the ability to tweak it is friggin priceless and WRT is the best thing we have available for that right now.

Definitely,you can have all the horsepower in the world and if you cant or dont know how to get that horsepower to work for you then you will take a loss. If Im doing a roll on with either turbo bike and I just leave at 60mph without any boost there is no way I will catch up,the other bike would be gone. All motor bike you just twist the throttle open in the right gear and shoot away.
Personally,its more fun doing rolls with the Gen2 cause everyone knows and has found out the hard way that they're gonna get assraped if Im on my turbo. It gets boring after a while cause you have no competition....then you start going after the 1200whp+ cars to in order to get a good race:whistle:

Definitely,you can have all the horsepower in the world and if you cant or dont know how to get that horsepower to work for you then you will take a loss. If Im doing a roll on with either turbo bike and I just leave at 60mph without any boost there is no way I will catch up,the other bike would be gone. All motor bike you just twist the throttle open in the right gear and shoot away.
Personally,its more fun doing rolls with the Gen2 cause everyone knows and has found out the hard way that they're gonna get assraped if Im on my turbo. It gets boring after a while cause you have no competition....then you start going after the 1200whp+ cars to in order to get a good race:whistle:
Thats awesome. You should try to link up with "That racing channel". They do alot of bike vs car. I know we had a org member in michigan with his turbo bike go agaist a slew of cars and destroyed them all

Once he digs into that turbo though, the expense is never ending and is money he will never ever get back.
I never looked at the money I dump into my Turbo bike as any sorta investment. some chose to go on vacation every year and spend $4000 or so. I chose to put the money into my bike so I can be on vacation all the time....:laugh:

but yea I agree go with the bigger kit cause ull upgrade eventually anyway and yes u will get bored very fast with a stage 1. a stage II is all 95% of the riders out there will ever need or want. but even a stage I used with some minor motor work done is gonna cost quite a bit of loot!

Back