Our New Third Wheel Trailer

GHILLIE

Registered
Well we got our new trailer from Third Wheel Trailers and I got her hooked up today. Man what a nice system, and the attention to detail is awesome.

I took her out on her maiden voyage, a shakedown run. I had 50 lbs in the trailer which is about what our two dogs weigh together (42ish). The trailer tracks perfectly straight, handles the corners well, and really most of the time you don't know it's back there.

I did a quick blast up to 120, after I got used to it, and it had no problems with that kind of speed. I doubt I will go that fast very often and likely not with the dogs in it, but if I need to pass someone and suck their headlights out, the trailer won't hold me back.

I didn't get to play in the twisties much, but did a couple of tighter corners and a few sweepers. Seems to handle corners well too.

This is clearly a better way to go rather than saddlebags, or tail trunk. I've had those in the past, and this trailer affects the bike much less than those do.

At this point I'm thrilled with this system.

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

Last edited:
:beerchug:
Right there with ya!!!

Good for grocery shopping too.

cheers
ken

McOld folks... next thing ya know, both you will be rolling into town with the GWRRA here in Ft Wayne... :rofl: FOG....

Those are awesome little trailers. :thumbsup:That thing would have to ride pretty smooth for me to put my dogs in it though.

I pull a trailer with my other sport bike, ST 1300 , I just keep the speed down to the Texas speed limit 85MPH
IMG_1765.jpg

Its a bought Kwik camp trailer, Folds out in about 5 min, No sleeping on the ground,,, The wife likes camping... She also refuses to ride on the Hayabusa
I scared her once on my 03 GSXR 1000, I told her the 08 Busa was a lot slower then the 1000, :whistle::rofl: She did not believe me.:banghead:
IMG_1757.jpg

Wow! Did you make this or buy it?

Third Wheel Trailers is where I got it. They make two types as you can see from their webpage below. Also, prices are listed as well.

The owner, Juan is a great guy and good to work with.

I have the dog trailer, and kml above, has the standard trailer......

jdog109socal, if you can't wait for me to post pics, search kml, he posted some good close-up pics of the hitch system.

Check out third wheel trailers here

Last edited:
Back