Our new 14 month project......

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
As most of you know I hold a very special place in my heart for those folks that serve our incredible country. We do what we can to show our military members here that we support them in all cases. I wish that we could do something special for each of our members but other than a swift thank you and constantly being thankful for their service we are usually limited to just that. We have had several members from our little corner of the Internet honorably and courageously serve our country. I have seen in the past 8 years of this sites existance men and women come and go for a year at a time and post from the desert checking in with the real world. I have seen this so many times and felt helpless and at the same time like there should be something we could do to show our fellow Americans, soldiers and board members how we roll here on the org. I have been deeply troubled lately that a member that I have come to call a close friend is being deployed in a few days and there has to be something that we can do to show our thanks.... I know that we can't do this for all of our military members but hopefully we can use one person to make a difference.

As you all know our very own Shawn Hughes AKA Mc_Mustang is leaving for Iraq in a few weeks and he will be there for 14 months. I have spoken to a few other members and admins about this and I have had nothing but positive responses.

For those at the bash you probably heard that Omar brought Shawn's busa back to his house to keep it while Shawn is deployed.

Here is what I am going to do.... I would love for as many of you that want to participate in some way to jump in here.....

Since we physically have Shawn's bike in Kansas there is nothing that he can do now, we have Bessie.... I want to do a 14 month long Extreme Hayabusa Makeover, when Shawn get's back he will have a completely modded bike to ride... We have the time, we have the talent, we have the dedication......

I have spoken to Shawn and he knows that we are going to jack with his bike... He only asked that when were done he can still ride the twisties... (I was thinking about a 300 kit with a 50 inch arm :moon: )

I want to have some fun with this and show Shawn's bike completely in parts. I want to have group work days (Suprise Omar) at Omar's house..... I want this to be a reflection of the Org and what our service folks mean to us. Hayabusa.org will be putting many dollars to this well deserved project, if you want to donate a few bucks thats great. If you want to show up and help work on the bike or just hang out, thats great too. We want this to be the Hayabusa.Org project not a Captain / Omslaw thing......

Whaddya think? Anyone want to jump in here with us? We have a few weeks before Shawn leaves the country and I wouldn't think of tearing Bessie into little pieces until he is at least 5,000 miles away...... Shawn will have Internet access so we will have to be a little cautious with pics and the status but I think that we can keep him completely in the dark.......

Chime in here and tell me what you think...

cap

Sound like a good idea CAp :thumbsup:

As for Shawn still being able to ride the twisties with Bessie, I didn't know that he could before :dunno:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::poke:

Im still a rookie at this so I dont know how much help I could be, But I can throw a few bucks your way, and maybe one weekend ride to Kansas to show moral support and hand you guys the can of Krylon Spray Paint ( Pink Right )

Where exactly in Kansas

YO SHAWN,

mannn been crazy busy here, i didn't forget that print for your kid. i WILL be making a print tomorrow for you and sending out this week.

YO CAPT,

get the cost of delivery and prep covered and i got paint. for those that don't know, shawn is a stand up dude and would go out of his way to help anyone out. glad i could help.

just pm me capt.

:thumbsup: great idea, will do what i can. money, labor, or both.
how about a 300 tire on the front and back??? like a fat boy busa :laugh:
black tires front and back, pink bike in the middle---like a Barbie oreo :rofl::rofl:
get back here safe Shawn so you can ride her :whistle:

YO SHAWN,

mannn been crazy busy here, i didn't forget that print for your kid. i WILL be making a print tomorrow for you and sending out this week.

YO CAPT,

get the cost of delivery and prep covered and i got paint. for those that don't know, shawn is a stand up dude and would go out of his way to help anyone out. glad i could help.

just pm me capt.

Think of something that goes with lemon ice. I still have enough at the house to do another bike. I'll leave it as a yellow canvas for you to do your thing.

101_3199_(Medium).JPG

Great idea, I'm in. I won't be able to come and help but I'll be glad to give some money to the project.

Wow. Did you already have to rub it in my face that I can't do anything about it? :) You Sir, are too much. Is this why Omar kept saying that Tina the Lawyer believes that posession is 9/10s of the law?

While I know there are many more deserving than me, I guess I wouldn't mind if some of those new left side scratches disappeared...

Not sure what to say... other than thanks for the thought - and more!

Wow. Did you already have to rub it in my face that I can't do anything about it? :) You Sir, are too much. Is this why Omar kept saying that Tina the Lawyer believes that posession is 9/10s of the law?

While I know there are many more deserving than me, I guess I wouldn't mind if some of those new left side scratches disappeared...

Not sure what to say... other than thanks for the thought - and more!

You remember those words when you get your bike and it has tassles and looks like michelle picked the color scheme... now get out of here your ruining my mojo

hey im i kansas if you want my help give me a shout would be gals to give a hand

Back