Our Buddy Mr. Bogus at Putnam Park 5 SEP 09

Racing is in your blood Randyman!

You are looking pretty damn good there guy! You should paint a big happy smile across your helmet! :thumbsup:

Did you share that day with Skydivr?

No Tuf, he told me about it and said a video would be up soon, so I slipped over to the NESBA forum and found link to the pics.

That's not Bogus...that's a halloween goblin wearing a human costume~!~

Actually, I guess that would be a bogus Bogus wouldn't it~!~ :laugh:

That's not Bogus...that's a halloween goblin wearing a human costume~!~

Actually, I guess that would be a bogus Bogus wouldn't it~!~ :laugh:
:rofl: thanks guys.... have been learning alot and found a lot of issues with my riding style.. So the issues get taken care of and I get to go faster..

SteveO, was kind not to bash my riding posture but it is not that good.. my upper body should be way over (must be age)..

I did get a chase bike for a session and he managed to stay behind me for part of it.. ( Gixxer 1K) This was my last ride in the "B" group before they bumped me up to the "Intermediate" sessions...

NESBA is pretty stuffy when it comes to moving riders up.. you ride against a NESBA "A" group rider and you are going to have your hands full.. Heck I can not keep up with most of the "I" group yet..

Last edited by a moderator:
You are doing just fine Randyman! You'll have control riders telling you to get your head down without me pointing it out :poke:. With practice, it will come naturally. We call that "Tank Racing" when you leave your upper body over the tank while you bum is hanging off. My kid is always happy to tell me "You are Tank Racing again" when I get lazy. It's a common thing that many of us do when we get tired.

It's good to have a buddy on the track with you to point things like that out so you can correct them early without waiting til the photos come out. You are doing a good job bud!

You are doing just fine Randyman! You'll have control riders telling you to get your head down without me pointing it out :poke:. With practice, it will come naturally. We call that "Tank Racing" when you leave your upper body over the tank while you bum is hanging off. My kid is always happy to tell me "You are Tank Racing again" when I get lazy. It's a common thing that many of us do when we get tired.

It's good to have a buddy on the track with you to point things like that out so you can correct them early without waiting til the photos come out. You are doing a good job bud!
fatigue is certainly a factor.. after 20 minutes of doing what are essentially one legged squats, you get tired and it takes a concerted effort to push off the side.. been working on that part anyway.. just a tough gig at 50+ :rofl:

I did find that not getting hung up behind slower riders is a help.. at least at speed you get some help from G forces to stay in position.. sort of like trying to keep the bike "on line" it is a lot easier when at 85+%..

Trying to ride at 95+% takes a ton of work on the Busa... I am working on finding something that is not so bloated.. the CR's are most optimistic about my lap times on a bike that weighs in at 200# less.. :laugh: My real work at this last outing was working on my "timing" There is just no way to out accelerate the liter bikes as you know down the straights.. So I am learning how far "back" to wait before getting my corner speed up to normal so I can blast by on the exit... with NESBA in the B group, you can not overtake "in" the corner and that is why some spots I am just along for the ride... In the "I" group... new story, new rules..

Last edited:
Very nice vids~!~ Very nice

Couldn't you have cleaned that balloon looking spot off your wind screen somewhere mid lap~?~ :laugh: just kidding

I rode with Nesba a while back at VIR...it was very packed and not being able to pass in the corners made for some slow spots on the Patriot course.

Nice riding~!~

Last edited:
You GO Randy! congrats on the "I" group yellow sticker thingy...

hey aren't you wearing my boots?

You GO Randy! congrats on the "I" group yellow sticker thingy...

hey aren't you wearing my boots?
Nick you can have em as soon as I score my Sidi boots :) that yellow sticker was better than any race win I got over the years.. had to actually work for it..

Very nice vids~!~ Very nice

Couldn't you have cleaned that balloon looking spot off your wind screen somewhere mid lap~?~ :laugh: just kidding

I rode with Nesba a while back at VIR...it was very packed and not being able to pass in the corners made for some slow spots on the Patriot course.

Nice riding~!~
Yea the "B" group passing is a crap shoot but as long as you pull off clean passes, you can get away with it in the short chutes.. (is why the bumped me I think, knocking off 2 and 3 bikes in the short straights).. The "I" group pace is substantially quicker... I did not get passed in the "I" sessions but then I only caught 1 guy too (passed him).. no bottlenecks so far..

Dayum you go boy! :beerchug:

Cracked me up how your 1st video guy got stuck in traffic (hey, some of those "I" riders ride about like me!) and it took him most of the video to catch up with you - Wanted to see you thread thru that taffic!

Who said a Busa would not turn You got it going on Randy Great shots Show them squids the Busa taillights :beerchug:

Back