OUch!    Funny tag line

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
thought this was funny:

"Speed Kills...Buy a Honda and live forever"

hehehehehehehehehee!! Oh. I mean, HEY stop with the Harley bashin... I bet they are much better these days.

Question: Are they?

Whilst riding cross country, I rode with a chick who was on a HOG.  As I ride I find that if I think about changing lanes, I'm in the next lane.  Thought and action are one.  As the gal on the HOG rode, I noticed that she could play and change a cassette tape, smoke a cigarette (nasty in the first place!) and basically dance a jig and that HOG would just keep going straight down the road.  It is my humble opinion that if thats all you want to do, go straight down the road, a Harley is fine.

Ride Safe! :super:

It is my humble opinion that if thats all you want to do, go straight down the road, a Harley is fine.
Well said. Here's what I would add:

It is my humble opinion that if thats all you want to do, go straight down the road and make a lot of noise, a Harley is fine.

Didn't we [americans] invent the fat, noxious, wasteful SUV also??  
Superficial
Unrealistic
Vehicle

1. The absolute WORST motorcycle I have ever ridden was a Harley Sportster - in every version. I would rather have a Suzuki GN125(MSF trainer bike) than a Sportster. Even a scooter is better.
2. As for the big twins, the touring bikes are not bad for touring bikes, they can actually do what they are designed to do. But still, you get about 1/2 the bike for the money compared to everthing else out there. I would own a tourer, but not for what they want for one.

3. The V-Rod has promise to be a Harley that actually is a functioning motorcycle. Still, that riding position, feet foreward as most any cruiser, is the most uncomfortable I have experienced, in general. I have not ridden this bike, just from experience, about 70 miles is my limit before I HAVE to get off a bike that has this same type of riding position.

How about this one...

Harley Davidson = The most efficient means of turning gasoline into noise without the by-product of horsepower. :laugh:

I am a huge Hardly fan btw.. ;)

I think the Harleys are similar to american cars, although those cars do have lots of horsepower. But other cars - Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc - have the same amount of power, less CCs, less fuel consumption, better handling, better quality... I mean, are better!

I think the Harleys are similar to american cars, although those cars do have lots of horsepower. But other cars - Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc - have the same amount of power, less CCs, less fuel consumption, better handling, better quality... I mean, are better!
Yes but you're leaving out price. Corvette Z06 or Ferrari.. um.. most can't afford the latter.
si.

Yes but you're leaving out price.  Corvette Z06 or Ferrari.. um.. most can't afford the latter.
si.
A Corvette in Europe is very expensive too - not as much as a Ferrari. There are no Vettes for sale in Portugal. Don't know how much it would cost. I'll find out.

I noticed that she could play and change a cassette tape, smoke a cigarette (nasty in the first place!) and basically dance a jig and that HOG would just keep going straight down the road.
:laugh: :laugh:
haha, that's a funny picture you paint. I'm gonna be laughin about that one all day haha

Didn't this thread start by making fun of Hondas? Now it's turned to Harley bashing...as a (still) Harley owner, let me just say this...

I rode my Harley yesterday down to my Dad's...after 800+ miles on the Busa, I can't believe how much that little yellow Sportster feels like a bucket of bolts! I don't miss riding it at all...and that surprises me...

I dropped the Harley off, hopped on the Busa and went for a long ride...if I had to ride for a long time on the Harley, I'd have to get one of those "Cadillac" versions with the cassette deck! :D That Sportster was a great bike to learn to ride on, but it's nothing compared to my new Busa...

Proud owner of 2 bikes, one of which you can have! :bounce:

Back