Oscar Grant killed / second camera view

[bobber's post] was kinda difficult to read but after I got through it, I have to agree.

I see the exact same thing every day. People standing on the sidewalk and wait until I'm getting close then decide to step in front of my truck. A Dodge 2500 4x4 does NOT stop on a dime. I nearly flatspotted my tires to avoid hitting this one idiot. He laughed and meandered on his way. He was NOT in a crosswalk and I didn't expect him to cross.

People have no respect for anything or anyone. It's part the larger problem we have. Give give give. You don't want to give to me? Fine, I'll take. Oh, I can't take? Well, if I can't have it, neither can you, so I'll just destroy it. I see it everyday out here.

I hope they can identify the rioters from the videos that were taken and prosecute. They just wanted an excuse to wreak havoc. They have no connection to the victim whatsoever.

Yup. Had a college kid the other night. He was walking on his red light. I waited, and waited, then he stopped right in front of the truck and started a phone conversation. He didn't know about the air horns in the grille.........
I lit them up and he just about had a heart attack, his face was white and began running away. THEN he began swearing at me, but I was gone. By the way, he was Asian............But I believe in equal opportunity......

He kept getting up, over and over. He was told to sit. But, somehow, certain people think they are not included in the rules. Those people open themselves to the mistakes, which I believe this was. None of us was at the scene nor were we embroiled in the confusion that was taking place. He fell victim to his own poor judgement just because he didn't do what he was instructed to do. I do not feel sorry for him. I do regret having an officer subjected to a moron like this and having to pay with his freedom. I believe this was an accident......period. I also know plenty of officers that are worn down and tired of the games these people pull on a daily basis, the lying, running, are only a few of the nonsense antics played to get out of being responsible and owning up to their crimes.............

Agree 100%. like it or not you need to respect the law. he didnt desrve to die but his own actions caused the re-actions.Im not a big fan of cops but less of a fan of a$$holes,theres one less now

Yup. Had a college kid the other night. He was walking on his red light. I waited, and waited, then he stopped right in front of the truck and started a phone conversation. He didn't know about the air horns in the grille.........
I lit them up and he just about had a heart attack, his face was white and began running away. THEN he began swearing at me, but I was gone. By the way, he was Asian............But I believe in equal opportunity......

:laugh: Gotta love air horns... And those really tough guys who will swear at you with their tail between their legs... :laugh:

It's odd, but I don't remember the black community rioting when OJ was freed after beheading two white people. As a matter of fact, I seem to remember seeing them dancing victory dances.

I'm getting a little tired of the double standard.

I know everybody has their opinions but reading some of these comments make me think about not coming back to this site. Let's not make this racial. OJ was acquitted of the murder charges. People are wrong for rioting and destroying property because of the judges verdict. Let's be realistic there are injustices all over the place whether it be racial sexual or legal. no one deserves to die for ignorant actions. The cop made a mistake and his actions prove that law enforcement agencies should be more aggressive in the psychological health of prospective officers and also give better trainig. Just my .02
Posted via Mobile Device

I understand the line of thought about backing the police, as their jobs are difficult ALL the time. BUTTTTTtttttt....someone's con was shot in the head while his hands were cuffed behind his back, while laying face down on the ground. The deam man was probably a bad guy, but NO ONE deserves to be shot like that!

I am a gun rights advocate, but anytime someone is accidentally shot, I stop to think what I would feel like if my child was the dead one. Please give this method a try before you post on how this "arsehole" deserves to be dead, etc.

This police officer deserves to be spending life in prison for this mistake. If you were to accidentally kill someone with an accidental discharge of a handgun, what would you expect to be charged with...and how much time would you expect to serve? Police and military are held to no lower standards for this...at least they aren't supposed to be. ???

Last edited:
cut and dry it was exessive force! 3 cops and really they needed a taser or gun there are other tools the cops have like it was mentioned O.C. or the expandable batton. either way there was 3 cops and it did not justify the advancement in the matrix. there is a chart for the police to follow it is called the matrix it lets the cop know his or her limits. yes the guy was not compliant and maybe he was combative but he never passed active physical whice is level 4 and the response is level 3 which is physical control

Let's not make this racial. OJ was acquitted of the murder charges. People are wrong for rioting and destroying property because of the judges verdict. Let's be realistic there are injustices all over the place whether it be racial sexual or legal. NO ONE deserves to die for ignorant actions. The cop made a mistake and his actions prove that law enforcement agencies should be more aggressive in the psychological health of prospective officers and also give better training. Just my .02
Posted via Mobile Device

This sums it up.

I understand the line of thought about backing the police, as their jobs are difficult ALL the time. BUTTTTTtttttt....someone's con was shot in the head while his hands were cuffed behind his back, while laying face down on the ground. The deam man was probably a bad guy, but NO ONE deserves to be shot like that!

I am a gun rights advocate, but anytime someone is accidentally shot, I stop to think what I would feel like if my child was the dead one. Please give this method a try before you post on how this "arsehole" deserves to be dead, etc.

This police officer deserves to be spending life in prison for this mistake. If you were to accidentally kill someone with an accidental discharge of a handgun, what would you expect to be charged with...and how much time would you expect to serve? Police and military are held to no lower standards for this...at least they aren't supposed to be. ???

C'mon, you cant be serious!! you did watch the video right, where the guy was acting like a jackass, resisting arrest the entire time, at the very least he should have gotten his ass kicked for that. and you want the cop to spend the rest of his life in prison for haveing to live with the fact he killed a guy who was acting like an a$$hole while he was just trying to do his job.. ..

Last edited:
C'mon, you cant be serious!! you did watch the video right, where the guy was acting like a jackass, resisting arrest the entire time, at the very least he should have gotten his ass kicked for that. and you want the cop to spend the rest of his life in prison for haveing to live with the fact he killed a guy who was acting like an a$$hole while he was just trying to do his job.. ..

Yes Devil-I am serious. I watched the first video back when it originally hit the 'net and I still feel the same way. The guy was acting like a jackass--but that does not mean that he needs to lose his life! True, the cops would have been justified to put a hurt on his ass. Things like arm twists, knee in the back, O.C., or even like mentioned before, their baton would have perfect for this guy.

I DO want the policeman to spend his life in prison...death penalty no way because it was indeed an accident. The fact that he "has to live with this mistake", is not enough! FWIW, MANY people spend 15-20 years in prison for armed robbery--what should it equate to when a person is shot and killed due to an accident?

Honestly Devil--what do you think that officer should have gotten? Do you feel that he should spend any time? How much time would be good enough for you if this were your son? Maybe your son had too much to drink and was acting like a jackass, and was killed by a policeman's mistake?

I know everybody has their opinions but reading some of these comments make me think about not coming back to this site. Let's not make this racial. OJ was acquitted of the murder charges. People are wrong for rioting and destroying property because of the judges verdict. Let's be realistic there are injustices all over the place whether it be racial sexual or legal. no one deserves to die for ignorant actions. The cop made a mistake and his actions prove that law enforcement agencies should be more aggressive in the psychological health of prospective officers and also give better trainig. Just my .02
Posted via Mobile Device

What does the psychological health of that officer have to do with him making a mistake? I'm not getting your gap in logic here. And for the record, I didn't make anything racial. The African American community did. If that offends you, take it up with them.

I understand the line of thought about backing the police, as their jobs are difficult ALL the time. BUTTTTTtttttt....someone's con was shot in the head while his hands were cuffed behind his back, while laying face down on the ground.

I have been fighting this ignorance on forums all over the place today. To clear a few things up:

1. Grant was shot in the back. He was not shot in the head. The round went through his chest, ricocheted off the concrete, reentered and punctured a lung.
2. He was not handcuffed. He still had his right hand underneath him and near his waist band. Grant's family, when they filed their lawsuit against BART, admitted that Grant was not handcuffed until AFTER the shooting.
3. Independent witnesses testified at the trial that, immediately prior to the shooting, the officer yelled out, "Back off, I'm going to tase him."
4. Independent witnesses testified at the trial that, immediately following the shooting, the officer put his hands up to his head and exclaimed, "Oh God, I shot him!"

I can't be your Google. All this information is out there. Quit listening to what others are saying and research it yourself. It's all there. Just quit spreading this ignorant and INCORRECT information.

I have been fighting this ignorance on forums all over the place today. To clear a few things up:

1. Grant was shot in the back. He was not shot in the head. The round went through his chest, ricocheted off the concrete, reentered and punctured a lung.
2. He was not handcuffed. He still had his right hand underneath him and near his waist band. Grant's family, when they filed their lawsuit against BART, admitted that Grant was not handcuffed until AFTER the shooting.
3. Independent witnesses testified at the trial that, immediately prior to the shooting, the officer yelled out, "Back off, I'm going to tase him."
4. Independent witnesses testified at the trial that, immediately following the shooting, the officer put his hands up to his head and exclaimed, "Oh God, I shot him!"

I can't be your Google. All this information is out there. Quit listening to what others are saying and research it yourself. It's all there. Just quit spreading this ignorant and INCORRECT information.

(CNN) -- A New Year's Day shooting in which a subway police officer fired a deadly shot into the back of an unarmed man has the San Francisco Bay Area demanding answers as authorities appeal for patience.

this was copied from a cnn article

Burris said Grant, of Hayward, Calif., posed no threat to officers when a bullet entered his back and ricocheted to his lung area, killing him almost instantly.

fox news

The death of Oscar Grant seems clear cut. Lying face-down on a BART train platform in Oakland, he was shot in the back by a uniformed security officer and killed.

aol news

i misread when you wrote for #1 and quoted these. but your right, he was shot in the back. for all the others here are the quotes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction Rev. Guess I was being "ignorant"! :moon:

Does it change the fact that this was a grave mistake?

It's odd, but I don't remember the black community rioting when OJ was freed after beheading two white people. As a matter of fact, I seem to remember seeing them dancing victory dances.

I'm getting a little tired of the double standard.

Yes, me too. Have been on the receiving end of black-on-white racism twice in recent memory, and am starting to believe that it is truly the policy of today's legal system to permit such racist behavior.

Starting to wonder if it is worth staying the U.S. Seriously. I loved this country, but society has become so greedy and twisted that I'm not sure this is truly the best place to live anymore.

(Tough to say)...

Mike

Back