Original Bullitt Mustang auction.

I had a 2001 Bullitt #161. Very fun car and no where close to stock before I sold it. It had the most comfortable seats to ride in.

I would’ve guessed that the one in the movie had a hypo 289 in it from the way it landed coming over those hills in SF. The Charger should’ve been front heavy and if the Mustang actually had a 390 in it, should’ve also been front heavy, but it wasn’t. Makes me wonder. It also didn’t have posi traction which was surprising. what bothered me the most were the sound effects and double clutching no less. :confused: And how many gears did it have anyway, six?:laugh: Aah, movies!

Well judging by the reaction it will appreciate!

I wonder.....an old guy bought it with memories of the movie, once those memories fade in the future, who will be paying such a price for it then?? I don't hear any of the kids today talk about the movie "Bullitt"

If they remake it (and they probably will) the car they use in that movie might spark an interest later on in the future.

There is a bullitt forum that I used to be part of. A friend of mine is still part as he has his daughters 01 bullitt that he shows. The club is pretty strong with its members and does a lot of functions together nationally. They even have a prototype 08 bullitt that has never been registered and was donated by someone in FMC.

Back