Original Battery and chain since 2008

ResidentEvil

Registered
Anybody else still running the original battery and chain since 2008 ? mine are still good and YES I do ride :thumbsup: It's funny about the chain when people ask me " why I put that blue link on a Gold chain" :laugh:

I got my 08 as a new leftover in May 09, and the battery is still great.
I could use a new chain, but I'll wait until the road salt is gone in late spring.
I only have about 14k miles on it though, it would be 3 times that if I could ride as often as I'de like.

Intresting that you should bring this up today. When I get home today I will replace the original battery on my `05 FJR with a production date of 9/2004. That is the most I have gotten out of any battery for anything ever! It's also the first battery that I ever used a tender on.

The chain, well...........:laugh:

The B-King battery got donated to an ATV and a Shorai took it's place.

Anybody else still running the original battery and chain since 2008 ? mine are still good and YES I do ride :thumbsup: It's funny about the chain when people ask me " why I put that blue link on a Gold chain" :laugh:
That would be a more impressing statement if you had added how many miles you put on it since 2008 anything less 48K is insuffecient riding:poke: :laugh:

I have right at 17K on my 07 and still have the stock chain and bat. Of course I use the bat tender on mine when I don't ride it. As far as the chain I clean it every 5 to 600 miles.

I was just noticing that blue link too. :laugh: But the 08 was still brand new last spring when I got ahold of it. Still had the chain wax on it.

Hopefully, battery will be fine, that's original & planning on lots of farkle accessories. Ordered a 20W Symtec heated seat pad today. Heated seat on a Busa.

FUgly stock Sunstar though had to go!! The matches that rim well!

Now that's just plain sexy. Some gold nuts on the way to finish it off.

Sprocket Nuts | Anodized Gold, 6/Pack Suzuki | Product code: SNU101G

Dsc00023_900.jpg

mine are also still good, i'm taking care of battery by connecting tenders. But what should i do for the chain (Any suggestions )

Just saw this, running original everything, but oil and oil filter and tires on my '08 >25K miles.

I swapped out the OEM chain at 33k miles and it was still in spec. The sprockets looked darned good too. Still using the stock battery at close to 50k now. I'll probably switch that out this year, even if it doesn't die on it's own.

21k on my 08 and still have org chain and batt.Good reason to live in fla,ride every wknd!!!! Well when i am off work LOL

I wasn't going to say anything with a mere 17k on my '08, but everything's still original and working fine. Maintanence and proper chain tension helps add longevity.

What is the average timeframe to change the chain on the bike?

Back