Orient Express sprocket cover

_01

Registered
anyone here ever used a orient express sprocket cover on their first gen?? i have a couple of questions on the install.

nobody??? well has anyone installed one on any hayabusa. if so what are the differences in the covers for 1st and 2nd gen hayabusas?

lol. maybe im the only thats ever had a hard time doing this

Congrats on bein first! :laugh:

Maybe a few pics of the area that's giving you problems might help? We can usually figure most stuff if we have enough info. :thumbsup:

OEM and aftermarket covers are different for Gen 1 and Gen 2.

Different configurations.

OEM
Gen 1 - 11361-24F10
Gen 2 - 11361-23H00

so are you thinking you are maybe trying to install a gen2 cover on your gen1 they sent by mistake???

no. it fits fine. i figured it out. i feel like a idiot now. it did come with a long bolt. it says it goes in the hole wher the lft side of the lsave is. theres no way. the hose for the raidiator pump is right behind. but i got it installed now. manage to stripe a screw for the master cylinder:banghead: just need to figure that out now

If you have a tap & die set you can usually just clean up the threads and that will work. Just run the tap into the hole using the same size as the original bolt. If that doesn't work try one size up.

someone at work told me to try and drill just enough of the head of the screw off. once the screw head is off the master cylinder lid should just come off and try to get the rest off with a pair of grips.

Back