Orient Express, Bad Business

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
So i ordered some cush rubbers from them back on February 14th. UPS driver was an idiot and left them at the road and the package was lost. So going through this whole process I email them back today over two months later asking what the hell is going on. I talked to UPS weeks ago and they said that they were supposed to be issuing a claim to them soon. Ken from Orient Express tells me in email:

On Apr 18, 2011, at 9:40 AM, ken@orientexpress.com wrote:
Hi,
I have sent UPS all the information that they have requested. Please contact UPS about the status of your missing package claim.
Thanks
Ken Ruppel

Orient Express
28 Grand Blvd N
Brentwood NY 11717
800-645-6521
631-231-9552 NY/Intl
631-231-9557 Fax
ken@orientexpress.com

First of all, UPS always tells me only the shipper can do things, only thing I can do is wait for UPS to call and ask questions which they did a few times. So i have no idea why this guy is telling me to do everything when it is their job as the shipper.

I then call UPS and they tell me a claim was issued to Orient Express on March 28th! Over two weeks ago! :tantrum: So I called and left voicemails for two different employees of theirs, Ken and Maria because neither answered I presume because of lunch break.

So tell me why I was not shipped a new item or given a refund after over two weeks ago they were issued a refund by UPS? I confirmed with the lady i talked to that the claim was issued in the amount of the item.

I should've bought them from Greg :banghead: Lesson learned.

Orient Express does not seem to be very customer oriented... :laugh:

I know Ken and a few others at Orient. I wouldn't write them off over this. This may have just been one of those odd ball issues. I agree though that customer satisfaction isn't their number one prioirty for a cush drive order.

I also agree with you that you should have ordered them from Greg. :spank: He goes the extra mile for everyone.

Sorry to hear about the mess and I hope it gets sorted. :beerchug:

I can stand bad customer service. I probably go to far, but Damn. I give you money, you give me a service. it you can't provide give me money back. I work for a distribution company. if we or a company we use messes up. we take care of the customer first and then worry about fixing our end.

give him a heads up that your looking into the better business bureau and maybe cc fraud. like I said, may goto far but say what you do and do what you say.
Posted via Mobile Device

Two hours later. No return call and just an email saying a claim is just a start of an investigation which is bull ****. The investigation started March 18.

Commuta i know its only cush rubber but still. No katter what the product the customer should be treated the same. Today was the first day i have been anything but nice to them.

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

I hear ya' and I feel the same way as you. The level of service that's provided should be the same no matter how thick my wallet is. :beerchug: Like you I always try the sugar over salt method. See if you can get in touch with someone else there. Explain the whole situation and that you just want to get it resolved without having to dispute charges with your bank. You made your purchase from Orient in good faith and because of their long established practice but feel although this is a small matter that there has been little to no attention given and it's unfortunate to even have to bring this kind of issue to their direct attention. just my $0.02... I hope you get it worked out with them. :beerchug:

Commuta i know its only cush rubber but still. No katter what the product the customer should be treated the same. Today was the first day i have been anything but nice to them.

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Call back and ask for a Mgr.I've never had a problem with them,hell 1 of their guys delivered an order to me in the UAE!

How much $$$ are you out? It may be best to just purchase them from somewhere else, dispute the original charge, and mark it down as a bad choice of supplier.

**Never mind the question about cost...I checked their website!**

Last edited:
Back