organized ride, close call

ambulldog

Donating Member
Registered
well i never go on these things because something bad always happens. well this one was for remembering a friends father so kinda hard to say no. long story short we are going through this town about 40mph. light turns red so of course i stop and others ahead keep going. some a$$ clown behind me on a friggin hardley wasnt paying attention to what was going on ahead of him. well im told he locked them up when he finally saw me, front tire turned side ways skidding ahead with his girl on the back no less and somehow he got around me barely and blew right through the red light. what a moron. anyway i heard him as he got close(ipod on) but about pooped myself when he brushed my leg. when we stopped later i gave him an ear full but was polite about it since he had his wife with him. thats it for me no more of those. i knew there was a reason i never went on one before

Well, on the bright side, at least no one got hurt, and no one traded any paint.

Whew, sounds like you got lucky. Being run over by a 900lbs Harley would hurt almost as bad as getting hit by a car.:shocked:

Glad no one got hurt.

Stuff like this is why I don't ride with an MP3 player. It's dangerous enough to ride on public roads and to take away one of the important things(hearing) can be very costly. You got lucky. He should of been paying attention.

Lots ride with tunes,then again lots ride with no helmet. To each there own.

Most Harley's don't stop very well ; count your self to be very lucky. I am glad you wern't hurt:thumbsup:

I am always last in group rides and if any one is behind me it's my people no else allowed back there.. especially poor braking and handling 2 wheeled trucks :laugh:

A lot of the Hardley riders on the poker runs here chugg a beer or three at each stop too. :drinka: I actually heard on of them bragging about the last poker run being the best because "nobody got into a fight" the whole day.

I'm still looking for the simile of the guy shaking his head in utter disbelief.

Tool.

Glad you're ok, brother.

Most Harley riders don't know what the front brake is for :whistle:

+1 i was talking to my friends dads girlfriend and we were talking bikes and she was telling my about how last time she wrecked she was riding to hot and saw a turn coming up and "stood" on the rear brake cause she didn't want to grab the front well 1 broken neck later:whistle: didn't even want to get into it with her i just decided to grab a drink and avoid for a lil while cause what i was gonna say wasn't gonna be nice

glad it all worked out and nobody was hurt. For these reasons I hate group rides and avoid them.

As for music, I ride without it, to each their own on this, I just don't want to take a chance of not hearing something I need to hear.

As for Hardley riders not using front brakes, my neighbor has one that he just took the front brake off. He says it looks better without it and never used it anyway. Then again he says he can't get it over 60 because it has no suspension and the tires are out of balance. I didn't ask any more cause I didn't want to hear the answers I may have got

My brother in law did almost the same thing to me on a little family ride we took. He always rides last (Fat Boy Harley).. and I'm usually 2nd to last. The light turned red, I stopped, he locked em up trying to stop..... I didn't even know he had locked em up... couldn't hear it over his EXHAUST.

TimmyDuck and I had same thing happen on ride over summer. He was lead and stopped, the two Busa following stopped but the CBR1kRR was caught sleeping. He stoppied into the back of an 08 and went over. Thankfully no injury to riders or damage to Busa. I was riding sweep and saw the whole thing unfold.
Gotta have your head in the game! :rulez:

Glad no one got hurt.

Stuff like this is why I don't ride with an MP3 player. It's dangerous enough to ride on public roads and to take away one of the important things(hearing) can be very costly. You got lucky. He should of been paying attention.

Lots ride with tunes,then again lots ride with no helmet. To each there own.

+1 ditch the noise boxes and use all your senses :poke: hum to yourself if you need a tune.

well i never go on these things because something bad always happens. well this one was for remembering a friends father so kinda hard to say no. long story short we are going through this town about 40mph. light turns red so of course i stop and others ahead keep going. some a$$ clown behind me on a friggin hardley wasnt paying attention to what was going on ahead of him. well im told he locked them up when he finally saw me, front tire turned side ways skidding ahead with his girl on the back no less and somehow he got around me barely and blew right through the red light. what a moron. anyway i heard him as he got close(ipod on) but about pooped myself when he brushed my leg. when we stopped later i gave him an ear full but was polite about it since he had his wife with him. thats it for me no more of those. i knew there was a reason i never went on one before

In my humble opinion group rides many times = amateur hour OR knuckle head show offs that will definitely get somebody hurt...
My idea of a safe group ride is no more than 10 guys I know and trust.. Specifically I know there skill level and they know mine..

Back