Votes: 20 29.9%
  • NOT GUILTY

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • DONT KNOW/DONT CARE/WAIT AND SEE

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters

mistaforty

Registered
So with 14k views and almost 800 responses on the stand your ground thread, i was curious. Pre trial, whats the opinion of the org on zimmerman: guilty or not.

THE didnt come up in the first one

I say he's guilty of some form of murder. I'm no lawyer so I don't fully understand manslaughter vs murder 2. But I would say he's responsible for the death and it wasn't a good shoot because of the situation he created.

I feel he is guilty of putting himself and the victim in a bad situation, although he is not guilty of premeditated murder and was forced to defend himself when he was being assaulted.

Taking a life should not be just swept under the rug nor should the misuse of a law or undermining of it to justify doing something illegal. That is all I'll say being that I don't want to argue. :no:

He should be not guilty from Florida Law, but the prosecutors are ignoring the law due to the race issue. They are so PC at the moment that the law is being ignored. A sad day in Florida history.

considering the morons that were on the casey anthony jury id say anything is possible. they will likely convict since its been turned into a race issue from day one.

I'm going to go out on a limb... Putting race issue aside, this dip-shid, Zimmerman, was the head of his neighbor hood watch and was told to back off by 911 operators, yet he persued while carrying a concealed weapon(which is usually against most community's rules while on patrol), forced to defend himself while being beaten by a 17 year old, shot him and killed him.

The whole thing stinks, what's worse is it has become a racial issue.

As I see it, this kid got mouthy, scared and dead.

Guilty.

I'm going to go out on a limb... Putting race issue aside, this dip-shid, Zimmerman, was the head of his neighbor hood watch and was told to back off by 911 operators, yet he persued while carrying a concealed weapon(which is usually against most community's rules while on patrol), forced to defend himself while being beaten by a 17 year old, shot him and killed him.

The whole thing stinks, what's worse is it has become a racial issue.

As I see it, this kid got mouthy, scared and dead.

Guilty.
actually the 6'2 17 yr old who was in tip top shape was beating zimmerman up not the other way around.

and what if this punk had broken into ur garage and you urself were armed do you think that would have an impact on ur right to defend urself against someone smashing ur head on the ground if you decided to use ur gun to defend urself after chasing after him and catching him? cause carrying a gun is perfectly legal in a neighborhood you belong in if you have a pistol permit. just because some neighborhood watch rules prohibit it doesnt even remotely mean it was against any criminal laws.

this is a CRIMINAL court NOT a neighborhood watch hearing to decide if your fit to continue being a member of the neighborhood watch any longer.

and just because the police told him to back off doesnt mean anything really. there is absolutley nothing unlawful about following a person who you think is up to no good when ur the neighborhood watch captain. what crime did he commit by following after him when he decided to run? thats what neighborhood watch people do, they follow suspicious people. the police say that cause if they tell them to get involved and they get hurt or killed that persons family will come back and sue the PD.

just because you were FORCED to defend urself does not mean you cannot legally defend urself. no different then you chasing after a suspicious person running from ur yard as you pull up into ur driveway who you think to be a burglar. you may have have not actually seen him steal anything but the fact that he is running from you would surely make you think he has or was about to commit a crime.

if you chased him and he confronted you and began fighting with you and was on top of you smashing ur head into the ground you too may feel the need to use deadly force. especially if you felt he would take ur gun from you if you lost consciousness.

INNOCENT PEOPLE DONT RUN........

Do we really know who initiated the first physical contact?

Breaking and entering a home is a different sport all together, not even close to the same ballpark as walking through a neighborhood that his father was in visiting his fiancée.

Innocent people don't run? Sounds like he should've kept running to me

Citizens are not the police and have no reason to pursue, harass, or detain a person esp without witnessing a crime.

Martin was no doubt a punk ass kid but I'm sure none of us ever were a wayward kid, that smoked weed, flipped off a camera, or got into a fight. I'm sure all of us on here would've complied with every order of some wannabe mall cop chasing us in a neighborhood on our way home.

Do we really know who initiated the first physical contact?

Breaking and entering a home is a different sport all together, not even close to the same ballpark as walking through a neighborhood that his father was in visiting his fiancée.

Innocent people don't run? Sounds like he should've kept running to me

Citizens are not the police and have no reason to pursue, harass, or detain a person esp without witnessing a crime.

Martin was no doubt a punk ass kid but I'm sure none of us ever were a wayward kid, that smoked weed, flipped off a camera, or got into a fight. I'm sure all of us on here would've complied with every order of some wannabe mall cop chasing us in a neighborhood on our way home.
no we dont know who initiated physical contact first. but are you telling me a 6'2 17 yr old kid who played football weighing 170 lbs could not outrun Zimmerman? I think common sense would dictate that he could considering zimmerman didnt look like he missed too many meals lately.

so I thinks its safe to say he confronted zimmerman at some point after running from him and likely attcked him taking him to the ground.

breaking and entering into a home surely is different but the fact is running after someone is not illegal. what makes you think zimmerman was detaining him? I think we can reasonably assume he was pursuing him but detaining him doesnt seem likely? sounds to me like martin turned and attacked him so im not sure how zimmerman could have been detaining him especially since martin could have easly outrun him.

if zimmerman grabbed him and began using force against him then yes I agree martin could legally defend himself but if thats not what happened and he got on top of zimmerman and began smashing his head on the ground then that changes everything.

the fact that zimmerman pursued him is not the question here. the question is who initiated the physical contact and knowing that martin could smoke him in a foot race I tend to believe it was martin that initiated the physical contact which means he has every right to defend himself with deadly force if he felt his life was in jeopardy when his head was being smashed on the ground.

the whole mall cop thing or whatever really doesnt mean anything cause he was in fact the neighborhood watch captain and would reasonably be expected to follow behind someone he felt was suspicious whether or not he was wrong or not.

its gonna be a very difficult argument to make that martin could not simply outrun zimmerman if he was scared. poor judgement doesnt equal criminal activity by zimmerman part. the only thing criminal here is what happened when the physical confrontation took place and whether or not zimmerman truly feared for his life when he was being assaulted.

The castle doctrines allows no retreat, why doesnt this apply to Martin?

I could see it just as easily as Martin turning to confront zimmerman and after him mouthing zimmerman, zimmerman attempts to grab him or something similar and Martin got the better if him.

If we're using the fact that Martin could outrun zimmerman, zimmerman was in a vehicle and then pursued on foot. Only after Martin dipped out between some house (near where his father was) did Zimmerman pursue on foot.

If zimmerman outweighed Martin, was older, abs was the neighborhood watch captain why could he not defend himself or at least keep himself from getting smashed? So Martin has him on his back grabbing his head smashing it into the ground and zimmerman while bouncing his head off the pavement and as Martin is mounting him can pull his gun from a holster? I just can't see it

I hear a lot of speculation going on right now........ I guess certain people must have intimate knowledge that that rest of the world doesn't have ??? Is there a video that you've seen how the events unfolded? Perhaps you lived near the scene and poked your head out the window and seene the play by play? There is only 2 people who know exactly what was said and who initiated what and 1 of them is dead.......... I don't know Zimmerman but from what Ive seen and the multiple interviews that he's given and the times he's put his foot in his own mouth I don't believe he's being entirely truthful about the situation. I know that's speculation on my part but just because He says 1 thing does not mean its gospel and the whole world should take it as such. I don't know the actual FACTS surrounding what transpired and neither does anybody else besides Zimmerman seeing how the other person involved can no longer speak about it. FACTS are he wasn't in somebody's garage or running out of somebody's yard so these vague scenarios are irrelevant to the events that actually happened. Zimmerman is and was never a Law Enforcement officer............ that is also a FACT. Don't know about your local neighborhood watch but around where I'm from that's all that they are allowed to do is just WATCH Not intervene or apprehend merely observe and report any suspicious activity to the Proper Authorities and let the actual Professionals do the jobs that they are trained to do and handle on a daily basis. Zimmerman did not do that............FACT. He wanted to be a hero and play John Wayne which got him in over his head in a situation he had no business being in. Was he observing Treyvon Martin breaking into a house? Attempting to rape, rob, or kill another human being? Was somebody's life in jeopardy and he was forced to take action? No..........that is also a FACT. So lets not convolute what happened with what coulda shoulda wouldas...... Whether you wanna call it murder or manslaughter a 17 year old boy regardless of height or weight or race has lost his life unnecessarily and somebody needs to be held accountable :rulez:

actually the 6'2 17 yr old who was in tip top shape was beating zimmerman up not the other way around.

and what if this punk had broken into ur garage and you urself were armed do you think that would have an impact on ur right to defend urself against someone smashing ur head on the ground if you decided to use ur gun to defend urself after chasing after him and catching him? cause carrying a gun is perfectly legal in a neighborhood you belong in if you have a pistol permit. just because some neighborhood watch rules prohibit it doesnt even remotely mean it was against any criminal laws.

this is a CRIMINAL court NOT a neighborhood watch hearing to decide if your fit to continue being a member of the neighborhood watch any longer.

and just because the police told him to back off doesnt mean anything really. there is absolutley nothing unlawful about following a person who you think is up to no good when ur the neighborhood watch captain. what crime did he commit by following after him when he decided to run? thats what neighborhood watch people do, they follow suspicious people. the police say that cause if they tell them to get involved and they get hurt or killed that persons family will come back and sue the PD.

just because you were FORCED to defend urself does not mean you cannot legally defend urself. no different then you chasing after a suspicious person running from ur yard as you pull up into ur driveway who you think to be a burglar. you may have have not actually seen him steal anything but the fact that he is running from you would surely make you think he has or was about to commit a crime.

if you chased him and he confronted you and began fighting with you and was on top of you smashing ur head into the ground you too may feel the need to use deadly force. especially if you felt he would take ur gun from you if you lost consciousness.

You got to be kidding

A man dies and you refer to him as a punk.

So if I'm in your area of town, a Big Black guy with dreads walking down the street
You walk up behind me or chase me. Whatever. I turn around and whip your A$$. You asked for that Ass beating.
Then you take my like.

And for a grown man to shoot a 17 year old kid in hand to hand combat. That's crazy.

Zimmerman, then a neighborhood watch volunteer, was driving through the community of townhouses where he lived when he spotted Martin walking back from a convenience store to a home belonging to his father's fiancee. Zimmerman called a nonemergency police number, followed Martin and at some point there was a fight between them that left Martin dead

Zimmerman was the jury and the judge on that night. He found Martin guilty and he then passed judgment

Zimmerman should be given the maximum amount of time that is allowed

I normally try to stay off of the threads because they always seem to piss me off.
But I'm not dancing around the issue this time. This is a race issue. If a Black man would have killed a 17 year old white kid, this case would have been over by now. It wouldn't have taken them 44 days to arrest the guy. There would be no question about if he was guilty or not. The only question would be should he be given life or death!

I hate that this topic keeps leaning toward being racially motivated. The facts are simple to me, and I sure hope any jury sees this for what it was - Zimmerman was told to stay put and he opted to pursue this kid while armed. I don't care if the kid was a drug dealer or someone's model honor roll student, he was chased down and now he's dead. We'll NEVER EVER know what really happened during this fatal encounter because Martin is gone. Zimmerman had NO RIGHT to pursue this kid, he wasn't a threat to anyone, he wasn't doing anything to anyone, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

I hope Zimmerman gets what he deserves for taking a life. It's not up to any of us to decide if that life was worth living or not, or what color he was...it all boils down to Zimmerman way overstepping his rights/bounds, putting himself in a situation he should have never put himself in the middle of, and now he has to live with those consequences.

:2cents:

Last edited:
Innocent people don't run that is hilarious.. A fight breaks out in a area you happen to be in at a nightclub. A police officer is approaching the club and people are running all kinds of fights breaking out. You tell me you just gonna stand there? Your ass will take off running too, cause you have no clue who is fighting or what for or if you may be harmed.. Your innocent though right why not stand there, ever seen a man punched in the face for just being around a fight crowd? You have never lived, if you haven't ran and weren't involved in a situation. Life is different and so are the situations we are faced with in our lives, sometimes even in rich neighborhoods....

It's actually a open and shut case for me.. He saw a person walking, not causing bodily/property injury or harm to anyone. he contacted law enforcement, they said someone would respond,not to engage. Look up the word engage, if I tell you don't put your hand on a hot stove what does that mean DON'T. He should have stayed in his car, and watched if he felt a violation may happen and he could report it when police arrived. Travon didn't come to his vehicle and pull him out or attack the car, he kept walking. he didn't cause harm to anyone or thing, so why try to make contact? Just like this post when I finish, watch what you do when confronted, and you think you did nothing wrong, you will lash out. A man put his hands on me for no reasn, he gonna have a problem that didn't exist prior to that. George, caused the situation to elevate the minute he unlocked his door and got out, when told not to. You punish people for not doing what's right, and he was told when no threat exist he you have no more rights than the next person....He will get time, and he will have deserved it.. He was a volunteer and should have stayed a volunteer and knew his position, not overstepped it..I hope he gets the same sentence travon got DEATH...

Ok Brett I am now totally confused.

Not that I don't agree with your asssement quoted above, but how do you reconcile THIS post with the posts you are making in the other thread advocating gun control? If you had gotten your way with removing guns from citizens', wouldn't Zimmerman now be dead instead of the other way around?

P.S. Personally, If I had been Zimmerman, I would have done what the police suggested and just WATCH and REPORT unless I saw Martin harming someone else or comitting a crime. The law does allow or a citizen's arrest.

Like I said, Zimmerman is guilty of stupid (Martin too, but he died for his stupidity), but I 'm not sure that amounts to murder, and the race card being played daily only further clouds the truth - and Justice either way.

Zimmerman wouldn't be dead, he would have just had a worst whipped ass. :rofl:
Ok Brett I am now totally confused.

Not that I don't agree with your asssement quoted above, but how do you reconcile THIS post with the posts you are making in the other thread advocating gun control? If you had gotten your way with removing guns from citizens', wouldn't Zimmerman now be dead instead of the other way around?

Back