• Keep Obamacare it's a great thing

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Get rid of Obamacare from start to finish NOW

Votes: 51 70.8%
  • I don't like it but I think we need it

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I like parts of it but it needs to go away

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • I like it but it's not good for the county it should go.

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately, I have not read enough of what is in the legislation to make an informed decision....

:rofl: I would say Cap's got jokes, but I feel that statement has a lot of truth to it!

When asked most congressmen stated they did not read the 2100 pages of law... That my friend is a fact, this is why this is such a problem... We have no idea what was really put into law!

I have a problem when the "National Healthcare Law" has a provision that congress and house have their own program.

Also I see my premiums jumping while the insurance company says, "It is still cheaper then the tax."

Unfortunately, I have not read enough of what is in the legislation to make an informed decision....
+ 1 as i said in one of the other threads. id also bet that more people than not that are talkin big sh*t for AND against it are in the same boat.

Don't know anything about it, but what I do know is that our government is incapable of managing anything.

This is absolute garbage. The more you learn about it the more you will:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Once government fully has control of our health they can literally make us do anything. Hope people don't care about getting the crap taxed out of them if they don't like their veggies.

Is this poll modified from the earlier un-scientific poll? ???
Not sure how I feel about it..too early to tell, how will the Insurance benefits I recieve now be affected ? My employer pays a portion of my ins. benefit now, but every year (almost) I see my portion of the premium go up as well as my deductable.
Something needs to be done, but I fear if I said how I really feel...(remember, I have had a job and (mostly) provided for myself since the age of 15 years old)..
SOOOO, if I said how I really felt, I might be labeled a heartless bigot.
No kidding dadofthree...a good random thought might be to ask what DOES the government do a good job of managing???

Gee, the voting graph answer "get rid of Obamacare" is represented by a blue bar....shouldn't it be a red bar?

I just happened to have read a few hundred pages of the Affordable Care Act and am so proud of my Government. Preexisting conditions denial GONE, my dependents can be covered by me until 26 yrs of age, there is no more lifetime maximum, monster profits must be refunded to us the customers (don't worry, they'll still make billions), Joe ratbike, without his helmet, crashes into a curb and HE, not me, is required to have personal coverage so I won't have to pay for his brain dead existance like I do now. And don't forget, there is a cost reducing provision for seniors and drug expenses. Many more good things, but they don't matter when you hate President Obama and everything he does is evil. Don't forget, he has that secret plan to take our guns away, just ask the NRA.

Whats the difference between this and Romney care other than the Federal version involving the whole country and not one state?

Man i wish i understood this all better so i could push a button

Gee, the voting graph answer "get rid of Obamacare" is represented by a blue bar....shouldn't it be a red bar?

I just happened to have read a few hundred pages of the Affordable Care Act and am so proud of my Government. Preexisting conditions denial GONE, my dependents can be covered by me until 26 yrs of age, there is no more lifetime maximum, monster profits must be refunded to us the customers (don't worry, they'll still make billions), Joe ratbike, without his helmet, crashes into a curb and HE, not me, is required to have personal coverage so I won't have to pay for his brain dead existance like I do now. And don't forget, there is a cost reducing provision for seniors and drug expenses. Many more good things, but they don't matter when you hate President Obama and everything he does is evil. Don't forget, he has that secret plan to take our guns away, just ask the NRA.

Here is where we differ Doyle...

I don't want to support my kids until they are 26.... They need to grow up and get a job..

Monster Profits, REALLY? So a private company sets the prices, you don't like them then use someone else. Competition should be used to drive the cost down not the government.

As far as brain damage, thats great if he is in the middle class but you know as well as I do that this same guy is now not going to carry his own coverage or enough to care for him the rest of his life, who pays for that?

There is a reason that California is broke, you just can't sustain a system if you put out more money than you take in end of story.. No more people are going to be paying in our taxes are going to go up.. You and I are going to be flipping the bill for the very same plus more people that refuse to take care of themselves... If you want to give your money away to people thats fine but please don't give my money away too. Asking Nancy Pelosi her answer today I thought was brilliant, lets ask the lady that covers the brokest state in the union about financial advise and how this is going to help the country... While it is true I don't like Obama for the same reasons I am telling you, stop giving my money away to people that refuse to stand up and take control of their own lives...

Now I'm ready for you to tell me about he poor people and how the man keeps people repressed and down. Tell me about the 25yr old kid still in college because he wants to be an artist and he needs to be on his mothers insurance at 25 yrs old. Let's hear all the sad stories now...

CAp

Well, my daughters need to be on my med program because they are both on a med school track and I enjoy helping them with their education AND healthcare. Not every 25 year old needs to be away from the nest and fully employed and independent. And BTW, needing to "grow up and get a job" isn't my family's creedo, becoming educated critical thinkers and being grounded in science is. Not everybody must goosestep to the same "growing up timetable".

One of my professional positions has been a special education teacher so one thing I never do is make "sweeping generalities" about people refusing to take care of themselves. The average IQ is 100 which means that half the folks are under that number. That point doesn't address the diseases and disabilities some contract or are born with. Some of us feel the need to help those that are less capable of helping themselves, funny how me the "atheist" sounds so "Christian" about helping others....I guess someone has to do it. I suppose I could call everyone less fortunate than me "freeloaders" and "parasites" and use the people that exploit the social welfare system as my reason for "letting em care for themselves"....but it's not in my DNA.

Regarding wealth and taxes, if you look at middle class income over 30 years, then overlay domestic corporate profit and distribution of wealth, you will see taxes have not hurt us at all, but lack of financial growth (American Dream) has. The top 1% of population now control 92% of the wealth, not because of work ethic, high morals or fairness, but because of top tier corporate greed, outsourcing, loss of domestic production and LACK of taxes from those that make the most. But you red state folks can just keep on blaming the poor and the unions. Oh yeah, and the "Kenyan". Blaming President Obama for no jobs is like blaming the attending doctor for the patient dying of a gunshot wound to the heart.

"Christian" "Athiests" .........................??? what does that have to do with anything ? My Nephew Graduated from Berkeley recently. Student Loans and a Job. Helping someone get back on there feet and making it a lifestyle are two different things. I can keep going but this is a Motorcycle Forum.

Robert

doesnt work anywhere else why not try it here. :banghead:

i want it gone. romneycare obamacare govcare whatever you want to call it, its going to fail, burden the middle class, and lower the standard of health care.

there are parts of it that make some sense. There are parts of it that are unbelievable. Other things folks haven't heard about yet (like having to register your height, weight, BMI with the govt) will be a huge smack upside the head. The parts I dont like, aside from what else is buried in the 2100 pages, is that its not optional. Revamp medicare/medicaid but dont add more taxes on me and this is for sure a tax that will impact everyone... well at least the folks that actually pay taxes. If you look at some of whats in it and some of the most recent "findings and recommendations" from the govt dr's you should be more than concerned. The registration of BMI for one should scare a lot of folks. The latest from the govt think tank is that anyone considered "fat/obese" should be sent to aggressive counseling and programs for weight control. Today its a suggestion your doctor might recommend, its probably not the worst thing in the world for you if you fall into the category but you have the choice today. In 2014 when this is in full swing....eh, I'm gonna bet you lose the chance to say "nah I can just do atkins and get straight". That's the problem, no one knows how this will shake out, whats in all of it, how it will be enforced. Like I said in theory some of it is good IMHO but a great deal of it scares the absolute dog crap out of me.

oh and if govt run health care was so great, why do all the Canadians and folks from the EU show up here looking to get medical help. :whistle: I sure as hell dont want to pay 51% effective tax just to be told "sure we can get you an MRI in 9months unless you are admitted with life threatening issues associated with your <insert disease name>"

Back