Org member took advantage of me

Sleepless I just noticed you were up in Germantown, I am down in VA Beach, when I get back from Korea we will have to get together.

Can you grab a connection flight thru thailand & have a sit down with takeuon :whistle:

His place is 857 miles from here. I can ride that in 14 hours or less.:laugh: That's if he's still there. Hhhhhhmmmmm......

Sorry you were taken advantage of Jesse. You really are a great guy...the only guy to pm me as a new member and introduce yourself as a fellow postal worker. I appreciated that extension of a cyber .org hanshake. I'm glad you put his name out there...just to prevent any of the rest of us from suffering the same fate. I actually live in Kansas City brother, if you need me to just drive by and take a look somewhere to see if I can id a car or bike? Let me know. PM me the city he lives in MO. Glad to do whatever I can to help Jesse, on the right side of the law of course! If I wasn't starting law school this fall, then maybe I might have offered some extra curriculars, but no more trouble for me. Let me know Brother.

Sorry you had to go through this Sleepless. How about I mail you a can of pledge and some microfiber cloths to make you feel better?

His place is 857 miles from here. I can ride that in 14 hours or less.:laugh: That's if he's still there. Hhhhhhmmmmm......

1172 miles for me
I'm just about ready. I'll meet you there.
RIDINGGEAR002.jpg

No motorcycles were hurt during the filming of the above sequence.

I know my way around Thailand pretty good.. I hope to be there by the end of the year. I do suppose you know where in Thailand ? or what else he does to make $$$.. ?

I know my way around Thailand pretty good.. I hope to be there by the end of the year. I do suppose you know where in Thailand ? or what else he does to make $$$.. ?

not sure exactly but think it was on one of his old posts... and surprisingly, he's probably living off the good will of some woman there that is getting .10 on the dollar of pleasure she thought she was going to get :rofl:

Sorry you were taken advantage of Jesse. You really are a great guy...the only guy to pm me as a new member and introduce yourself as a fellow postal worker. I appreciated that extension of a cyber .org hanshake. I'm glad you put his name out there...just to prevent any of the rest of us from suffering the same fate. I actually live in Kansas City brother, if you need me to just drive by and take a look somewhere to see if I can id a car or bike? Let me know. PM me the city he lives in MO. Glad to do whatever I can to help Jesse, on the right side of the law of course! If I wasn't starting law school this fall, then maybe I might have offered some extra curriculars, but no more trouble for me. Let me know Brother.
Thanks AK. I appreciate the offer but I really hate to inconvenient people. That's one thing I'm not comfortable doing to others. Let me see what I can do first and we'll go from there.
Sorry you had to go through this Sleepless. How about I mail you a can of pledge and some microfiber cloths to make you feel better?
:laugh:
2 cans would make me feel better.:lol:
1172 miles for me
I'm just about ready. I'll meet you there.
RIDINGGEAR002.jpg

No motorcycles were hurt during the filming of the above sequence.

Squid!!!:lol: J/K

I love that pic.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::thumbsup::beerchug:

Sorry to read about your misfortunes Sleepless, if I ever get to ride with you I'll at least buy you lunch :beerchug:

And Blanca.... :rofl: Is this Jet Li, or kin to you? Are you REALLY a "car salesman".... .. ..

lotus-stormtrooper.jpg

Wait a minute ..... Red is a postal worker and he was patient enough to wait over a year with this guy ! I think this Brian fellow should count his blessings that Red is not the type to go "Postal" :laugh:

First off, who in there right mind would trust someone in a forum to loan them money or whatever else, just plain stupid and vulnerable.

sleepless_red have you ever even met Brian in person? because if you have not then all i can say is good luck.

In my 2½ years here on the org, I've met A LOT of other members, and have developed many strong friendships. We get together to have fun, to help one another out, and occasionally to mourn the passing of a fellow member. As Dino said, "... this is simply a mechanism to maintain personal relationships and not just an anonymous forum."

Making assumptions about members by calling them "stupid" and "vulnerable" only serves to demonstrate your own ignorance of the nature of so many of us and the relationships that we maintain through this site.

I will say that you are not the first, and certainly won't be the last new member jump into something here without a full understanding of the environment. I remember getting into a dispute with a member named SilverSurfer shortly after I joined the site. Now that I've been around for a good while, I realize that he and I share the same opinion on a number of different matters. I also realize that even if we do not hold the same opinion, he's still a decent guy with whom I share a common interest in the Hayabusa. If he needed help and I were in a position to provide it, I certainly would. At the end of the day we all need to embrace our similarities and accept our differences. It's all about building relationships.

To say that I am surprised by the member involved in this situation would be an understatement, but jumping to conclusions about it only shows a lack of understanding of how we function.

Please try to reserve judgement in matters like this until you have a better perspective of the situation. And even then, try to create solutions rather than pointing out faults. :beerchug:

I'm not going to say anything about Takenuon. I helped him with his job search and helped him get the Busa from NC to MO when he moved out here. We rode together once while he was out here. I started being his friend from a distance after that.

I too don't wanna say anything bad about him. The guy sent me a really nice Hk dress shirt. I helped him a couple times. I'm just surprised and disappointed in what he has done.

Brian moved to MO, to be with his Daughter. Thats all fine and good but dont swept it under the rug and FORGET someone help you out, YOU PAY THEM BACK. I know before going to Thailand He had the truck he purchased got Repo. and His stuff is in storage somewhere here in Raleigh. Because his parents live here in Raleigh I was ONLY there once and dont remember how to get there. Hopefully someone still has a work cell # or home phone, to try to get a hold of him to get this straight.

Sounds like he may be down on his luck right now. An effort on his part to communicate with Sleepless would go a long way in resolving this. I suggest trying to solve this the legal way, i.e. a small claims court procedure. Getting a judgement will help and it may tie up any future tax returns. ??? I don't know if that will work but getting a judgement against him is a start. Regardless, hopefully things get worked out amicably for both parties!

Stuff like this sucks....

This sucks, thank goodness i have not had to deal with this. I hope this gets sorted out, but effective communication is the key word, hope the guy mans up and makes it right with you Jesse.
Good Luck hope you come right.

In my 2½ years here on the org, I've met A LOT of other members, and have developed many strong friendships. We get together to have fun, to help one another out, and occasionally to mourn the passing of a fellow member. As Dino said, "... this is simply a mechanism to maintain personal relationships and not just an anonymous forum."

Making assumptions about members by calling them "stupid" and "vulnerable" only serves to demonstrate your own ignorance of the nature of so many of us and the relationships that we maintain through this site.

I will say that you are not the first, and certainly won't be the last new member jump into something here without a full understanding of the environment. I remember getting into a dispute with a member named SilverSurfer shortly after I joined the site. Now that I've been around for a good while, I realize that he and I share the same opinion on a number of different matters. I also realize that even if we do not hold the same opinion, he's still a decent guy with whom I share a common interest in the Hayabusa. If he needed help and I were in a position to provide it, I certainly would. At the end of the day we all need to embrace our similarities and accept our differences. It's all about building relationships.

To say that I am surprised by the member involved in this situation would be an understatement, but jumping to conclusions about it only shows a lack of understanding of how we function.

Please try to reserve judgement in matters like this until you have a better perspective of the situation. And even then, try to create solutions rather than pointing out faults. :beerchug:

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000

And I KNOW Silversurfer...great frickin guy:thumbsup:

Hey if he is in missouri let me know i am only 30 mins from missouri border i can do some recon for you.

Back