Org creates more hooligan action

Spkrdctr

Registered
OK, so as many of you know, the Org turned me to the dark side. I ride in the Clearwater, Tampa/I-75 area. I usually ride my northern route at a very quick clip. So far I have never seen any cops on the rides. Well, I go out this last week on my weekly ride and get onto the fast section of 75 and traffic is doing 62mph with occasional blasts to 63mph. Both lanes full of vehicles. I can't believe it! What a crappy ride. So, I get to my turn around spot, top off the bike and hit I-75 heading south back towards Tampa.

Well, the traffic is MUCH better and flying along at 80 to 85mph. Now I'm liking it, blasting up to 100 and holding it there for a few seconds until I come up on the next bunch of traffic etc. Ripping past vehicles that are doing 90. Fun and exhilaration! What a blast!

I see a Pinellas County Sheriffs car coming the other way and I was doing around 100 so I figure he might cross the median and try to get me. I decide to use prevention as my best tactic. I stay on the gas cruising along at 95 for the next few miles knowing it will take him forever to catch up to me once he gets turned around. I don't know if he did or not, but I didn't take any chances. I continued on my way driving a bit faster than traffic which was moving along at 85.

All in all a great ride! No tickets to show for it. I love the beast!!:cheerleader:

The Org has me running from cops now!:laugh:

Nice story, only flaw in your plan was the police radio....calling his buddy down the highway may have gotten you a ticket. Glad you missed getting paper hung on you.

A radar detector, laser jammer and a scanner for the eye in the sky is the way to go....take it from a cop who rides deep in triple digits when traffic and conditions allow for it. And I not only have a ride to jail hanging the balance, my job hangs there as well.

I'm not sure where you got the idea to run from the org. I think the majority here are opposed to running from the police.

The chances of a County Mounty doing a traffic stop on an Interstate is usually close to nil.

I feel soooooo sorry for you.

Living in Florida and thinking the Interstate is a Good Ride. :rofl:

I didn't buy a powerful bike to sit and ride 55mph. I'm going to whack it WFO every chance I get. I'm getting too old to not go for the thrill. I'm an Adrenaline junky!

Well, until I get caught.....then it was my wife who made me do it!:laugh:

If I read the post right, I take the running remark as a joke cause that seems to me was your intention. I have also had these situations happen to me and did the same thing. I just keep riding my ride I am sure if he has a problem with the way I am riding he will turn around and tell me or radio someone else to do it.:laugh:

I took it as a joke as well. I wish traffic cruised at 80 around here, unfortunately not so. Doin' 60 on the interstate is crawling, I'm sorry, yes I said it, no I don't care what you think. I also took your post as doing around 10 over what traffic is doing and short blasts inbetween the traffic, I also have no qualms with this. :thumbsup:

I used to live in Sarasota and LOVED I-75. Had a 60+ mile commute 2 times a week to work on that road and rarely ever took longer then 45minutes to get there or home for that matter. :beerchug:

Back