Ordered Tank Bra

euroR

Registered
Well I saw it on Suzuki.com it was carbon look for 39.99 plus 4.95 shipping, cant wait to install it. Already I can see my tank paint faiding. Cant wait, is the instalation simple or will I have to remove some things.

990A0-66006.jpg

Last edited:
Well I saw it on Suzuki.com it was carbon look for 39.99 plus 4.95 shipping, cant wait to install it. Already I can see my tank paint faiding. Cant wait, is the instalation simple or will I have to remove some things.

990A0-66006.jpg

Already??

Installation is easy. Remove seat (2bolts). Lift up the tank.. (after removing the 2 bolts at the front of it). Use prop rod to hold it up. Then start at the back of the tank with the hooks on the Tank Bra. And pull it tight to toward the front of the tank and secure the bungee strap to the front tank mounts loop it around them. Then put back together. I have one on mine and love it!

Installation is easy. Remove seat (2bolts). Lift up the tank.. (after removing the 2 bolts at the front of it). Use prop rod to hold it up. Then start at the back of the tank with the hooks on the Tank Bra. And pull it tight to toward the front of the tank and secure the bungee strap to the front tank mounts loop it around them. Then put back together. I have one on mine and love it!

Thanks I cant wait till it comes in. Just in time too, I have a Los Angeles trip comming the 26th. Riding Santa monica mts, Ortega hwy, and what ever I can fit.

will grime get caught underneath this thing?

I have had 3 bike with tank bras on them and to answer the question. I never had that problem of dirt getting under it and damaging the tank and paint. I keep it clean most of the time. But if you never clean the tank and bike... then yes damage can happen. I take the bra off of the busa at least once a year and wax it. So I know it helps. A bike I just sold... a 02 gsxr 1k had on from day one til sold. Looks show room new even now under the bra and the rest of the tank!

Before you put it on, you may want to warm up the bra under an eletric blancket or you can use a blow dryer once you put it on. This will help to reduce the wrinkles and stretch it out so it looks more custom fit. It is a little funky straight out of the bag/box. Or you can just wait until a nice sunny day, but I could never wait when it comes to new things to put on my baby.
:thumbsup:

Before you put it on, you may want to warm up the bra under an eletric blancket or you can use a blow dryer once you put it on. This will help to reduce the wrinkles and stretch it out so it looks more custom fit. It is a little funky straight out of the bag/box. Or you can just wait until a nice sunny day, but I could never wait when it comes to new things to put on my baby.
:thumbsup:

Grear advise!:thumbsup: Which I forgot to mention! I laid mine out in the sun for a few hours, to help relax the bra to be fitted to the bike!

Mine did tend to wrinkle up a bit down by the seat. Hopefully the heat treatment works for you.

+1 on the protective qualities of a tank bra. You can't beat it for the price. I wash the bikes often and tanks on both look new. 14,000 on the zx14.

I have one on my Busa and it not only protects the paint and looks great, but it also allows better grip when you pinch the tank with your knees when cornering.

thanks guys, one thing can I place it in a drier for a bit to warm up, I am in AZ so maybe I can lay it out for a bit outside, its only 70.

be cautious of water getting between the tank. i was careless on my gen 1 and the tank had a faded line from me being lazy and washing the bike without removing it. now, i use the 3m clear cover for a cleaner look. :whistle:

Back