Ordered swingarm extensions. Reliable?

I don't know about those ones but lots of guys run extensions on their Busas with no problems. I say go for it.:beerchug:

I was thinking the same thing......r they reliable (i weigh about 255) dont want them breaking or anything.

Last edited:
No worries. If the extensions are designed and machined correctly they will be fine. One word of advice if you have not installed them yet.
1. Use lock tite on the bolts.
2. Before you completely torque down the bolts for the backing plates put the tire back on and set the bike on the ground so that any gap left in the old axle pocket and the extension is taken up by the bikes weight. This will put the extension in the position the torque from the rear tire will want to move it anyway.
3.After you ride the bike for a bit it is always good to check the torque on the bolts again. Usually they are fine, but why chance it?

We have installed tons of these things and when we follow this method it has always worked out great. We have removed other extensions and you could see witness marks from the extension moving in the pocket. Another good reason for checking the bolts again.

Okay then next question, would a 140 link chain be able to cover a 9"extension? The 150 link chain I bought is on back order and Im about to get home from Iraq and I want all the parts there when I get home so they can be put on. 140 link okay?

I've had mine on for going on two years and have not had any issues. I check the bolts every six months to see if they are loose. I did use lock tite so I am not that concerned. Good luck.

I ordered a set of 7-9" swingarm extensions from NYCparts.com. Does anyone have any opinions on these before I put them on my bike for good?

SUZUKI GSXR 1300 HAYABUSA (99-07) ANODIZED BLACK 7"-9" (PART # A2666LB & Y1B)

I would not recommend nyc parts!!! Extensions are ok, I have a set from ATC, they are great. I initially ordered a set from nyc and took over two weeks to get them and said would 3-4 days. Then had some lame arse excuse, and they just looked cheap when arrived. Order from who ever u wish, but extensions are ok, just some have BETTER customer service than others.
Posted via Mobile Device

ATC on my bike good quality imo.
104.jpg

Okay then next question, would a 140 link chain be able to cover a 9"extension? The 150 link chain I bought is on back order and Im about to get home from Iraq and I want all the parts there when I get home so they can be put on. 140 link okay?

I dont think so. I got mine as a kit from ATC(as stated) I think was a 150, and had to cut off 3, and is at around 8.5ish. you get a longer brake cable, if not, I have an extra 9+ over SSbraided one. I will let go cheap, as I bought whole new set from Tim @ Pashnit(A1 man)!!!

I have been drag racing a turbo Hayabusa with Exoticycle 6 inch extensions since 2005. I have never had an issue with them...

Back