Ordered helibars, easy to install?

Tdog

Registered
Waiting on the bars to come in and trying to get my game plan ready for the install. Is it a easy 30 mins max install or a pain? I'm wondering about getting the stock grips off as I'm sure the left is probably glued. Would this be a good time to go ahead and change the grips? Any tips from you guys that have done this install would be appreciated.

Waiting on the bars to come in and trying to get my game plan ready for the install. Is it a easy 30 mins max install or a pain? I'm wondering about getting the stock grips off as I'm sure the left is probably glued. Would this be a good time to go ahead and change the grips? Any tips from you guys that have done this install would be appreciated.

I had them on my first Busa and did not do it myself, but it looks easy enough.
One thing I would make sure you have is a long thin allen head wrench. This is used to get the left grip off and also some acetone if you don't have already.

Wish I could be more help.
Good luck bro,
Bubba

I installed Heli's last and retained my stock grips. Take a popsicle stick and slightly shave the frront then roll as much of the grip rubber back. Use the posicle stick along with alcohol to loosen the glues grip and it will eventually come off intact ready to be re-used.

When routing the cable for the fast idle (left hdlebar) make sure it runs between the two gas tank hold down bolts in the front. Loosen the clamp on the right side of the frame so you have enough slack and freedom to turn bars side to side without affecting engine speed. Wardie

Very easy to install. I re-use the original grips. To get them off, I carefully slid a long screw driver under the grip--then stuck an air hose between the grip and the bar--used compress air to loosen the grip from the bar. It slid right off. When to re-installed the grips on the heli's I just slid them on. I did not re-glue them--and they stayed put!

easy to install use alcohol to get left grip off and you will like them alot one of the best mods I have done

you will love the heli bars, install is easy I would recommend a hammer driver for your bar ends. one pop and they come right off. oh and there is a left and a right side look before you install

Yea, i know it's an old thread, but looked like the best place for help...
Can the grips be re-used? Thought I read that the bars are half inch thicker???
The link to busanation is old and won't work. Anyone have a new link? I have the instructions from Heli, but was hoping to see what helpful hints were in the link.
Ty,
Troy

Yea, i know it's an old thread, but looked like the best place for help...
Can the grips be re-used? Thought I read that the bars are half inch thicker???
The link to busanation is old and won't work. Anyone have a new link? I have the instructions from Heli, but was hoping to see what helpful hints were in the link.
Ty,
Troy

Yes, you can reuse the stock grips. Pretty straight forward install.

Went on without a hitch. Love them. I do notice a bit more vibration than I did before. Pretty sure it is because I did not re glue the grips.
Troy

Back