Orange/White tracer

Heppe

Registered
Hi!

Got one BIG problem today mounting a bike guard alarm in my busa-03. The orange cable with white tracer that connects the startbutton with ignitors, fuel pump relay, vacum.... and the ECM should be cut. But no O/W cable connects with the ECM.
Strange thing... got the wiring diagram from the genaral importer her in sweden. Got my bike from a parallell import dealer thou. So guess that´s why the diagram doesen´t match.

Found one Orange with Green tracer connected to the ECM and that one can not be found in the diagram. And this cable is connected to the O/W cable in a connector (with no use) located betwen the starter relay and the regulator. (it´s not the connector located left of the regulator. - It´s a connector located behind the "covered hole" in the fairing) Doesen´t show on my diagrams.....

So this is the problem. I followed the O/W to the rearsets where everything is covered in plastic tejp so i don´t see poop where the cable is going. Everything match with the diagram - except ...... no fuxxing O/W goes into the ECM. And that´s where it should be cut.

Anybody?
crazy.gif

hey let me know how things pan out....I have yet to install the kill switch also 'cause I am afraid of splicing into the wrong wire.

It is the orange/white tracer cable that should be cut. But it´s not going into the ECU on my bike. But it´s connected to the orange/green tracer cable behind (to the right) the fuel relay. Did cut it where it still was O/W, and never tried cutting at the ECU, but my guess (99% sure) is that if you want to do that its the O/G one.

The bike will still try to start when it´s cut, but wont ignite if
it´s the right one. Worked for me.

Good luck!

That is weird. I found mine today going into the ECU and then up by the fuse box (by the nose) I installed a kill switch (for drag racing) and then I had to tap into it for the alarm.

Back