opp racing carbon fiber fairings

cashtown

Registered
I have just ordered a set of carbon fiber fairings for my '05 from opp racing. Was wondering if anyone else has used any of their products or other such from another company. www.oppracing.com

I have purchased gilles tooling rearsets from opp and spent about $50 less than anywhere else. Morepower racing couldn't match there price. I had to wait 4 weeks to get them cause I wanted the black set which was on back order from Germany. The service at OPP is very good and the prices IMHO are the best. If you can't find what you want on the website a simple call will get you an answer. Please post some pics of those fairings on your bike, I almost went the full monty last year on the carbon fiber but chose to go the performance route first.

I've ordered Gilles Variobars & risers from them
Very quick & helpful
very motorcycle involved...not just some fly by night

btw let us know how the mounting goes w/ the CF
Some don't have mounting holes
and don't move as freely as plastic

Dayumit man!!!!

I was hoping like he11 you had pics.

Congrats on the order.

did they say when you could expect them? I tried to order a set in April and they said it would take 6-8 months so I just went with my other mods. I would still like to do it but will probably end up just getting the tank. Good luck with them and you have to post lots of pics.

I want some sooo bad, but you can't replace the fastest color of the LE....lol

I tried OPP stuff. Not bad quality, but you will need to sand and re-clear it to remove pinholes in the resin. The best I have found is Catalyst, but they are not doing the whole carbon kit anymore.
newpic.jpg

(clrwtrbusa @ Sep. 11 2006,02:49) I tried OPP stuff. Not bad quality, but you will need to sand and re-clear it to remove pinholes in the resin. The best I have found is Catalyst, but they are not doing the whole carbon kit anymore.
newpic.jpg
nice
congrats on your magazine layout
beerchug.gif

OMFG!!!! clrwtrbusa-I think I just **** on myself!!!!! that bike is too f**kn sweet! I was going to go with CF, but figured I could get a full custom paintjob for the $$ and I can write it off as advertising expenses for my website...but DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY-UM that looks so GOOD!

If I can scrape the $$ together, my next Busa will be a full CF project-but Im afraid of Turbo-I already threw myself off my bike twice and I havent even broken the 200-hp mark yet!

(BigDiesel @ Sep. 12 2006,09
super.gif
) OMFG!!!! clrwtrbusa-I think I just **** on myself!!!!! that bike is too f**kn sweet! I was going to go with CF, but figured I could get a full custom paintjob for the $$ and I can write it off as advertising expenses for my website...but DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY-UM that looks so GOOD!

If I can scrape the $$ together, my next Busa will be a full CF project-but Im afraid of Turbo-I already threw myself off my bike twice and I havent even broken the 200-hp mark yet!
Thanks. Writing it off would be nice. We did about 7 coats of clear to get it like we wanted.

Try to stay on the bike though. Coming off one hurts
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

crazy.gif

ATECH has some of the best carbon fiber around. Cost to much thou but very nice.
[

Last edited by a moderator:
(clrwtrbusa @ Sep. 10 2006,23:49) I tried OPP stuff. Not bad quality, but you will need to sand and re-clear it to remove pinholes in the resin. The best I have found is Catalyst, but they are not doing the whole carbon kit anymore.
newpic.jpg
i think i'm going to put this picture behind my bathroom door..........and put on my OH-face

ive got a full set of silver carbon from OPP waiting for some clean up work and a candy coat. it took 6 months to get despite them telling me it was all 'in stock'. the product took quite a bit of fitment, trimming and drilling...the service seemed good depite them BS'ing me 90% of the time about delivery times.

Back