OPINIONS WANTED: LED TAIL LIGHTS

ICEMANN

Registered
For everyone that grabbed up the HID's or LED tail lights from me in the past Id like to say thanks especially for all the feedback. It was nice to give back to everyone at the boards that helped me.

The LED tail lights were working out great, and saving us all $$ compared to the other companies out there, until the vendors bailed and left me hanging which in turn caused me to leave at least two people hangin. TBONEBUSA, BIG O SORRY's bout that. Also had some other major issues hit at once so Ive been away from the boards for a long min. Thanks for those that hit me up. Needed it.

OK HERE WE GO!

(FOR THE NEWBIES) In the past I posted and shipped Custom LED tail & brake lights that were annodized in colors that matched the undertails.

All have built in circuits for flash rate control so they blink normal and you had your option to use them as turn signals as well. Integrator circuit was built in the electronics. All units are hand made w/21 super bright LED's that are clear and blink red. most of ya seen em. (BELOW)

THE LED's (THANKS BIG E FOR THE PIC)
post-6-33277-led_tail_light.jpg

post-6-33331-tail1.jpg

ALL lit up.
post-6-90522-fb8f5fef.jpg

(MORE PICS BELOW)

CHANGES ARE BEING MADE. ORIGINAL STYLE WILL BE AVAILABLE AS ABOVE in 3MM or 5mm LED's. (both super arse bright).

What Im working on is two things:

One was that progress was being made for custom tear drop shaped LED turn signals for the topgun undertails but the cost was to heavy to make them. (unusual shapes). Have the oportunity to do "round" turn signals that will match the LED TAIL LIGHTs above if their is enuff interest in the having the turn signals made.

The other was something I wanted to do especially for TBONE last FEB and everything I knew changed over night and that never got finished. Again sorry Tbone.

Having more LED tail lights, like above, made up now which the new boards should be ready about the 1st week of Feb or so. Testing has to be done etc.

For TBONE some changes were being made. Currently all of the LED's were clear and lit up red for tail lights and all of them blinked for turn signals.

The custom set for TBONE was going to be that the outer perimeter ring of clear LED's would shine up "YELLOW" or "AMBER" instead of red.

These "yellow" rings would inturn flash to be the turn signal instead of all of the LEDS flashing as they do now.

Another option was to be opposite and have the center's flash yellow and leave the outer rings red for the turn signals.

In the past the color choices were the norms, black, silver, red (04), light blue, & 00-01 dark blue. Chrome wasnt worth the cost. Now that it's 05 the color of undertails have changed and some are not purplish, black, red, etc. Custom colors can be done. Did a set of orange for someone one here.

SO If their is enuff interest the 1" round seperate LED turn signal project will be restarted. Need some input.

The LED TAIL lights are going to be done reguardless just wanted input on what people thought about the ALL RED blinking units like above, compared to flashing yellow outer rings as turn signals with the rest being the tail light and brake, or the opposite flashing center leds in yellow with the outer being the tail/brake lights. ALL LED's WILL BE CLEAR WHEN NOT IN USE.

LASTLY WHAT COLOR HOUSINGS?, AND WHAT SIZE LED's. 3mm are the tiny tips you see, 5mm are the larger tips you see above. Both are lazer bright, 5mm having more surface is brighter. Both have 21 led's in them. I dont expect the price to go up from before.

LET ME KNOW SO I CAN HAVE THE CORRECT NUMBER OF BOARDS DONE UP. I have to do a min so if one idea is dead I wont bother.

THANKS, sorry for being so long winded.

I NEED YOUR INPUT.
JD

Anyway clik the handle or email me
icemann@ameritech.net

Last edited by a moderator:
SEE THE DIFFERENCE!

Various colors, note 3mm and 5mm LED's (SIZE OF TIPS)
post-6-61514-fed_2009_mix___2.jpg

WORKS W/STOCK LIGHT AS WELL
post-6-91533-mvc_072f.jpg

SEE THE DIFFERENCE!

Various colors, note 3mm and 5mm LED's (SIZE OF TIPS)
post-6-61514-fed_2009_mix___2.jpg

WORKS W/STOCK LIGHT AS WELL
post-6-91533-mvc_072f.jpg

what color is your undertail?

What color housings would you be interested in?

What make up of LED's? (below)

ALL 21 LED's are CLEAR when off and light up red when lit. (Original ones)

or

ALL 21 LED's are RED LEDS when off and light up red when lit. The tips look red even when off.
(see "VARIOUS COLOR PIC" above. the light blue housing one on the right has red colored led tips and all the rest of the units in the pic are actually clear),

or (NEW CHOICES TOYING WITH)

ALL 21 LED's are CLEAR LEDS when off. The outer ring of LEDs will light up as YELLOW when lit and clear when off. The rest of the remaining clear led's (centers) will light up as red when lit but be clear when off. So basically yellow flashing ring for a turn signal.

or

All 21 LED's are CLEAR LED's when off. The CENTER LED's will light up as YELLOW when lit and the OUTER RINGS will light up red when lit. All will be clear when off. So basically opposite as above.

or

The outer ring of led's will be "AMBER LED's in color" when off and amber when lit. The remaining led's (center section) will be clear when off and red when lit. Or can be red when off and red when lit. Meaning you will see the actual yellow ring w/the rest being clear or the actual yellow ring w/the rest being red all the time on or off. Visually be two tone as you look at it.

Let me know what you think. I personally love the all clear LED's. Either all blink red, or yellow outers or yellow centers. 3mm or 5mm are fine. Most everyone liked the look of the 3mm when on an undertail. If used in stock tail light housing with a clear lens most liked silver housings w/3mm or 5mm housings. When used with a stock red lens most liked red housings wither either led 3mm or 5mm.

JD

I always liked those set-ups. I definitely would have gone with them if I had put the Top Gun undertail on Train. They wouldn't work on the 10 though. Hey, who does your anodizing? PM me if you want. I've got a few parts I'd like to have anodized black but don't know where to get it done.
rock.gif

Since already having the topgun with turns, is it possible to use the led turn signal that your talking about alongside the outer ring brakelight? You know, having both the turn signal and ring flash? ( not really sure if that would look stupid or not, but wouldn't want flashing brake ring when tuen bulbs are already there)

The reason I ask is I would be interested but would want all led's across the back, not just the brake. Also how difficult for matching up the 03 anniversary orange. And definitely all clear leds.

Now when ya going to hook us all up with an led front turn for those of us that are stuck using the silver bulbs that end up dimming the flash.

Mzrsq, I think I understand your question. If you had my LED brake light unit and you had the version that flashes a yellow ring around the perimeter can it be wired to your existing top gun undertail seperate smaller turn signals or if you replaced the top gun existing seperate turn signals with the "round" LED turn signals can they be hooked together? YES. The load circuit in the tail/brake light units will adjust. It's a slightly heavier load but worked just fine. If you went to turn LED's in the corners it would work more efficently. Burnt orange to match is very dooable. I also think it would look good on a Burnt orange busa to have burnt orange matching brake light housings as well as matching burnt orange turn signals in the corners. When activated the corners and the "ring" would flash leaving the center of the tail light to work as a tail or brake light depending on mode. YEP be tight if ya asked me.

JD

Look great, Ice! Wish you had them available a couple months ago so I wouldn't have had to go to one of your competitors. They do make a big difference. I think having the outer ring flash yellow on the turn signals would be a nice idea.

I have a set of them on my busa and I love them. The quality is excellent and Ice is a great guy to deal with. He just doesn't stop helping you once he gets paid!

KS I have ONE set of red housing clear superbright leds on hand if your interested their yours. The next batch of anything is waiting for the new circuit boards to be made and tested and Im being told end of jan first of feb. The costs to me arent changing that I know of yet so if thats the case I will still sell the led's for what it costs me + shipping so thats still $200.00 to your door. There has to be so many of each color & style housings made up as well as each type of board to meet the min before the company will do it. I was trying to get a feel of whats the most popular people are interested in so I dont get stuck with 50-100 of an off color that no one wants. Thats how I eneded up with the two dark blue 2000 colors left. KS if you want I can send you these red ones to try out and if you want them keep em, if not send em back. You would be very happy with these behind a stock red lens. Wont even see them until their lit.

JD

In fact I still have my stock tail light housing around. I didnt want to cut it in case someone needed one but I can set one up with the red lens and take pics.

JD

Thanks Ice, I think in a odd sorta way we are heading in the right direction. Basically I think what you said is what I was saying. If I bought your brake leds, I'd want the matching corner turn signals so that it looked uniform across the back of the bike. Beyond that I was asking if you had the corner turn leds, could they be tied into the outer ring led's of the brake, meaning that when you turned the signal on you'd have the corner turn flashing plus the outer ring. I believe that is what you said above was possible and would look nice..............Am I correct?

If that is what you mean and we understand each other, and burnt orange is possibleon both the brake and corner turn housings..........I'd be seriously interested................always looking for something to set the busa apart from the rest on the street.

God, now I think I'm confused......???

Hey Icemann! Sent you a couple of emails and PM not sure if they are making it to your end as I havn't heard back from you yet. Hope all is well!

My vote is for a set of black with 5mm LED's that are clear when off and red when activated, and the blinking set-up the same as before. It would also be cool to see matching round blinker LED's pucks to match the look in the back.

You are definitely top notch to do business with, can be trusted and were very helpfull when I put your HID kit in!
smile.gif

Let me know, TIA! JT

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105084543 -->

Hey Ice I would be interested in a set for extra. Right now I have the Libertek's in a Top Gun tail and would like to have some extra lights on hand just in case. I prefer the black housings with the clear tips 5MM for both the brake and the smaller turn signals. Keep me informed if you do the individual turn signals or not because that will be my deciding factor.

KS I have ONE set of red housing clear superbright leds on hand if your interested their yours.  The next batch of anything is waiting for the new circuit boards to be made and tested and Im being told end of jan first of feb.  The costs to me arent changing that I know of yet so if thats the case I will still sell the led's for what it costs me + shipping so thats still $200.00 to your door.  There has to be so many of each color & style housings made up as well as each type of board to meet the min before the company will do it.  I was trying to get a feel of whats the most popular people are interested in so I dont get stuck with 50-100 of an off color that no one wants.  Thats how I eneded up with the two dark blue 2000 colors left.  KS if you want I can send you these red ones to try out and if you want them keep em, if not send em back.  You would be very happy with these behind a stock red lens.  Wont even see them until their lit.

JD
You got mail...

Back