Opinions on Mr. Turbo Stage One

britt11

Registered
I'm definetly purchasing a turbo. Was going to buy RCC but Mr. Turbo is located just a few miles from me. What do you think about Mr. Turbo's Stage One kit?

Britt

I'm definetly purchasing a turbo. Was going to buy RCC but Mr. Turbo is located just a few miles from me. What do you think about Mr. Turbo's Stage One kit?

Britt

I think you would be making a mistake for many reasons. One, the turbo unit supplied with one of Terry's Stage One kits is as good as the turbo that comes with the RCC; the 1:1 regulator needs to be thrown in the garbage, and so does that scavenge pump, necessary because the header design places the turbo too low. The design of the plenum with no hold down straps, and the way the up pipe connects to the plenum is inferior to the RCC. The billet wastegate design (piston as opposed to diaphragm) was good back in the day but is bad now, since trying to put pressure on the gate creates another leak in the system . . . there are a lot of things, it is definately not the "best" kit out there. But, if he gives it to you for $1500, maybe it is a good deal!:beerchug:

research mr turbo and hayabusa kits, more info probably on the other busa site. They are bottom of the barrel, and there are a lot of turbo kit manufacturer's out there for busa.

at $1,500 i would pass on a mr turbo if it were me, now a hahn kit for $2000 or so wouldn't be bad, but still RCC is as good as it gets for support, quality parts, support, bang for the buck, and did I mention support?

A mrTurbo kit was my first kit. It blew my motor. I had to invest alot of money in modifications to make the kit right. I put more money in that kit than a just buying an RCC kit. The motor is on my uncles bike now and is still running strong. If you can get another kit, Id consider going that route.

Back