Opinions on double bubble windscreens please?

Thanks on the paint. I wanted something that would look "factory" but be different. I got the plastic painted at Maaco for $300:thumbsup: Took them 3 days. Turned out great. I scratched the rear cowl putting it back on (clear coat was still not cured) but other than that it was a pretty awesome paint job, especially when a custom painter had quoted me $1,200 for the exact same thing.

Heck for $300 I could paint it a new color every year (get it? Like Suzuki does:rofl:)

Yea cant beat 300 bucks!! Maybe ill hit them up so i can get all the silver parts on the 09 painted white to match the rest! :thumbsup:

@ 6'1" it is much easier to tuck my fat head behind it compared to stock. long trips are much better.

Good thats what im hoping for im 5'11" so it should be slightly easier for me... Im tryin to see if i can find someone selling one before i spend the money on a new one... Ill look for one more month then ill just buy a new one. :thumbsup:

Theres one in the classifieds right now, isn't there?

Please forgive me if this makes no sense, I'm posting from my phone :D

Theres one in the classifieds right now, isn't there?

Please forgive me if this makes no sense, I'm posting from my phone :D

Yea i saw it but its the opaque puig which is not see through... I want a dark smoke one i still want to be able to see through it so i can see where im going when i duck behind the screen at speed. I got excited when i first say it because it was at for only 45 dollars but the wind was taking out my sails once i read that it was a opaque :laugh:

IMO the Puig DB is the best combination of performance and looks on the Gen 2 and yes the fit is much tighter than the Gen 1. If you cut your seat or get a Tobin style you will sit lower in the bike and that will help with the wind some too. Gives you a place to hide in the rain too.

IMO the Puig DB is the best combination of performance and looks on the Gen 2 and yes the fit is much tighter than the Gen 1. If you cut your seat or get a Tobin style you will sit lower in the bike and that will help with the wind some too. Gives you a place to hide in the rain too.

Sitting lower would make sense. I can see how that would help. Definately will look into that as well thanks

I think the stock wind screen looks the best, but having a double bubble is an excellent mod. Has anyone seen the skull 3d wind screen? You can find it on google images. I think it would look great for a show bike.

Yea i saw it but its the opaque puig which is not see through... I want a dark smoke one i still want to be able to see through it so i can see where im going when i duck behind the screen at speed. I got excited when i first say it because it was at for only 45 dollars but the wind was taking out my sails once i read that it was a opaque :laugh:

I sure wouldn't say you can see through the dark smoke wind screens at all! I have them on my CBRs and I look just over them when in a full tuck!
If you want to look through the screen while tucked, get a clear!

I sure wouldn't say you can see through the dark smoke wind screens at all! I have them on my CBRs and I look just over them when in a full tuck!
If you want to look through the screen while tucked, get a clear!

I want some shade of black in it so maybe go with the light smoke then it seems just as dark as stock and i can see through the stock one with no problem.... I guess ill have to find someone with a dark smoke in person to make the decision on the color but i know for a fact the opaque are just painted black and cant be seen through at all

I think the stock wind screen looks the best, but having a double bubble is an excellent mod. Has anyone seen the skull 3d wind screen? You can find it on google images. I think it would look great for a show bike.

Yea i like stock but theres just something about the look on the gen II with a double buddle that just looks right :laugh: maybe its all the other bubbles and curves all over the bike that makes it look almost stock... By the way love the look of your bike its like a gen I white and a gen II 09 white made a baby!!:thumbsup:

I think i covered this somewhere else, but at 6'2, the zero gravity double bubble does now allow me to see the gauges, however when i get up to around 75mph, the wind sucks and is just annoying, I have more buffeting right at my helmet than ever before, but I put up with it due to the great looks and the fact that I can see the gauges now.

PV_Busa_7s.jpg

It seems to be the consensus that If you're anywhere around or over 6 feet tall, the DB moves the wind from your chest to right at your head and it gets noisier??...That's the main reason I haven't bought one yet...I'm 6'1 and have pretty much gotten used to the wind now, but I do like the look of the DB but I don;t want wind at my helmet and I certainly don;t want a noisy ride.

in addition, the funny thing is, if I sit straight up and tall, the wind is much more tolerable.

I agree i've got a PUIG db on my gen 2 had one on my gen 1 best shield! I also have a spae never on a bike smoked one if ur still looking for one.

Finally pulled trigger and went with the puig double bubble!!:thumbsup: ordered from Ball Z motorsport... Gotta say some awesome customer service and fast shipping!!

My first thought on the screen were oh my God I have guages????! :rofl:
Was a PITA to install too... Stock slides in and out but the puig was a challege. So far only did city drivivng and it redirects air to top half of my helmet im 5'11". Love the looks! This is how the busa should have looked from the gate.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311450401.013470.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311450698.383260.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311450818.053082.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311450943.868107.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311451059.292677.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311451144.077530.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311451242.042996.jpg

Back