Opinions on double bubble windscreens please?

Rayc263

Registered
Hey guys sorry if this has been covered but i searched and couldnt find a specific thread on this one topic. On long trips the wind just kills me and i have to practically put my chin on tank just to get a short break from the strong winds.

I just wanted to get some opinions from those that have double bubble windscreens.

How do you like it? How much better is it at getting winds over your head at highway speeds? And i would appreciate some pics so i can get a feel for how my bike would look with it. Basically just looking for your over all opinions.

Lastly where can i get a good price on one?

Thanks in advance guys!! :thumbsup:

I got one and put it on, It helped alot with the wind but I liked the way the stock one looked better, Had the both painted to match the bike. I stuck with the stock one.

I got one and put it on, It helped alot with the wind but I liked the way the stock one looked better, Had the both painted to match the bike. I stuck with the stock one.

Do you have any pics with it on by any chance? Im tryin to decide if im going to like the look or not thanks

First ride today with the Puig Double Bubble. WAY better than stock for me! And it was windier than all get out today here. Much easier to see the gauges, and I noticed a LOT less wind noise in my helmet! I give it two thumbs up!
I agree though, that I do like the stock look a little better.. :beerchug:

First ride today with the Puig Double Bubble. WAY better than stock for me! And it was windier than all get out today here. Much easier to see the gauges, and I noticed a LOT less wind noise in my helmet! I give it two thumbs up!
I agree though, that I do like the stock look a little better.. :beerchug:

Would it be difficult to switch back and forth between the two depending on the type of ride your going on? Since both responses so far say stock looks better?
Thinking maybe use stock for around town and short trips. Then when going on a long trip switch to the double bubble for its function. Or is that to much work?

I had a zero gravity on my first 08, I initially liked it a lot. it makes a huge difference racing too. I've yet to put one on my blue 08, but after 50k miles er so, I'm just not really effected by the wind anymore. Rode for 2 hours earlier with a passenger, in the 40mph gusts of kansas and had no issues.

Gen 1 or Gen 2?
Gen 2 is a pain in the arse to change, if you ask me. No not impossible, but I would bet if I changed mine out more than 5 times a year, I would break one or the other. Or both...

:whistle:

Gen 1 or Gen 2?
Gen 2 is a pain in the arse to change, if you ask me. No not impossible, but I would bet if I changed mine out more than 5 times a year, I would break one or the other. Or both...

:whistle:

Gen II 09 white.... What makes it hard on the gen II? I have no experience with removing it.

I can't really explain why its a pain... Its like the tightest fit in history, and where the only two windshield bolts go, you cant get to them to remove them "easily" without tearing apart the inside of the fairing. Too much work. There are threads about it on here if you search around. Installing the new one requires you to bend it in a way that it doesn't want to be bent, and just when you think it will NEVER go in, boom, it "falls" into place...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....................

:laugh:

I had a zero gravity on my first 08, I initially liked it a lot. it makes a huge difference racing too. I've yet to put one on my blue 08, but after 50k miles er so, I'm just not really effected by the wind anymore. Rode for 2 hours earlier with a passenger, in the 40mph gusts of kansas and had no issues.

I dont find it unbearable i just want to make my bike as comfortable as possible and depending on the speed the wind noise get annoying IMO after a while... Im going to be making a trip up to canada with the wife this summer so idk if i can take the wind beating the heck out of me the whole way :laugh:

I can't really explain why its a pain... Its like the tightest fit in history, and where the only two windshield bolts go, you cant get to them to remove them "easily" without tearing apart the inside of the fairing. Too much work. There are threads about it on here if you search around. Installing the new one requires you to bend it in a way that it doesn't want to be bent, and just when you think it will NEVER go in, boom, it "falls" into place...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....................

:laugh:

:rofl: i got slighly angry just reading your post i could feel your frustration... So safe to say if i change it im going to have to like it enough to keep it that way forever :laugh:

Gen II 09 white.... What makes it hard on the gen II? I have no experience with removing it.

The tolerances are much less, it is a very tight fit and the rubber grommets are hard to get out. You will like the double bubble if you get one. On the gen II, if you are going to remove the screen often, pull the push pins on the inside first and push them out from the bottom.

The tolerances are much less, it is a very tight fit and the rubber grommets are hard to get out. You will like the double bubble if you get one. On the gen II, if you are going to remove the screen often, pull the push pins on the inside first and push them out from the bottom.

^This!^ Plus some soapy water on them when you try to get them back in...

Puig d/b gets my vote. I've had it since September of '07 and never had any problems with it. It makes a difference in my opinion. Also, I can see the gauges better than stock.:beerchug:
Here's more pics for you.

Bike Pictures July 20, 2010 012.jpg

April 14 Ride 013.jpg

Puig d/b gets my vote. I've had it since September of '07 and never had any problems with it. It makes a difference in my opinion. Also, I can see the gauges better than stock.:beerchug:
Here's more pics for you.

Thanks for the pics seems like it compliments all the other curves of the busa and almost looks like they could come with that windscreen to someone who doesnt know better. Think im going to get one... Pics always make decisions alot easier to make :laugh:

I just put a piug double on today, its a tight fit and don't think you will wnt to switch them out all the time. I love the way it looks but haven't taken it out yet but Im sure I will love it.

Back