Opinion's Needed

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Is there allot of difference between SS type brake lines. I want to buy good stuff and really would not think that an item like SS brake lines could vary much since it not even a moving part. What do you think about HDL vs Galfer?

not much diff at all....

I won a set of HEL in a raffle 2 years ago.... they work just great.

no point in spending more $ than you have to...save it for something else.

I got my galfer lines for front brakes, rear brake, and clutch for $115 at the bike show in Chicago, and I love them. I think that any decent name brand line is gonna be about the same as anyone elses though.

Love my HELs. Get em from Charles at Street and Track
super.gif

I spent almost $1,000 with Galfer,
Front lines, rear line, custon rear handbrake line, clutch line, chrome front rotors, and pads.
They were super fast, nice guys, and everything looks A1 perfect.....
All of the fittings say Galfer rite in them, they have what ever color and size you want...
Anyway, looks like HELS are just as nice, and Im not sure the price difference, extreme kempys has Glffer stuff really cheap....

If I remember correctly, the HEL lines are a 32 strand braid and the Galfers and most all others are a 16 strand.

Great inputs. Thanks in helping out. Now, if I can find the step by step on bleeding the brakes I think I can do this once lines/EBC HH/Wavy's come in. Appreciate the inputs

(porterfm @ Mar. 22 2007,09:11) Great inputs. Thanks in helping out. Now, if I can find the step by step on bleeding the brakes I think I can do this once lines/EBC HH/Wavy's come in. Appreciate the inputs
Pickup a Mity-Vac brake bleeder kit at your local auto parts store - that's the way to bleed hydraulic lines. Soooo much easier than cranking the bleed valve open, close, open, close...!

(omslaw @ Mar. 22 2007,07:18)
(porterfm @ Mar. 22 2007,09:11) Great inputs.  Thanks in helping out.  Now, if I can find the step by step on bleeding the brakes I think I can do this once lines/EBC HH/Wavy's come in.   Appreciate the inputs
Pickup a Mity-Vac brake bleeder kit at your local auto parts store - that's the way to bleed hydraulic lines.  Soooo much easier than cranking the bleed valve open, close, open, close...!
Will do on the mity vac. That want I really need. I'm pretty good with my old Chevy but the bike stuff is new. Should all pan out! I read about the Master Cylendars having the dirty build up and needs changed at the two year mark. I figure I will pull all the fluid witht the mighty vac and then remove the lines, switch to the EBC HH and put on the wavvy's... fill her with fluid and mighty vac and test drive. Sounds easy... but I know better!

(porterfm @ Mar. 22 2007,07:24)
(omslaw @ Mar. 22 2007,07:18)
(porterfm @ Mar. 22 2007,09:11) Great inputs.  Thanks in helping out.  Now, if I can find the step by step on bleeding the brakes I think I can do this once lines/EBC HH/Wavy's come in.   Appreciate the inputs
Pickup a Mity-Vac brake bleeder kit at your local auto parts store - that's the way to bleed hydraulic lines.  Soooo much easier than cranking the bleed valve open, close, open, close...!
Will do on the mity vac.  That want I really need.  I'm pretty good with my old Chevy but the bike stuff is new.  Should all pan out!  I read about the Master Cylendars having the dirty build up and needs changed at the two year mark.  I figure I will pull all the fluid witht the mighty vac and then remove the lines, switch to the EBC HH and put on the wavvy's... fill her with fluid and mighty vac and test drive.  Sounds easy... but I know better!
Nothing is ever simple with me either no matter how simple it seems when you start out!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(omslaw @ Mar. 22 2007,10:18)
+1 Absolutely without a doubt the best thing you can use... the MIGHTY VAC!!!! I put my HEL's on, brakes and clutch and had 'em bled in about an hour for everything! Didn't spill a drop either!

(GoldenChild @ Mar. 23 2007,10:25) One  Name,One Brand...Spiegler.
That's what I thought for about a year and a half until the clear covering on my lines turned brown in spots and they started to look like ****.

Back