Opinions Need!

Speedfreak33

Registered
Opinions Needed!

I have a 2007 Busa with a Velocity stage 1 kit on it and I took it to the dyno and was unhappy with the numbers it made. It has an external wastegate, turbo pistons, and a spacer plate. The bike made 215hp on the dyno. I this seems a bit low. What do you guys think? Also the hp line on the dyno sheet increased then flattens out for a bit then increased again. Do you guys know what this might mean?

Thanks

Last edited:
Turbo going bad? I had the same thing, my turbo was going out and I only made 216 hp.

Means your tuner didn't know what he was doing...you don't just install a kit and make a hard pull right out the gate...

Way to little info to go on. How much boost?,full exhaust?Did you check for leaks,fueling, etc. did dyno guy install it?Just like with normally asp. bikes the dyno is just a tool. My # were low according to other's dyno pulls,you might have an honest dyno?I am guessing that if you are running a spacer plate that you have at least 7.5 to 10 pounds of boost,if so yeah you have any # of issues? What did velocity say about this? A good running system is more important than dyno #'s so don't get ahead of yourself,even though its hard to be patient.Dyno sheet?, the experts(not me)could tell a lot from that.
Good luck,let us know your progress.:beerchug:

what spring is in wastegate,what fuel,post dyno sheet or fax it to me 503-663-3278

Way to little info to go on. How much boost?,full exhaust?Did you check for leaks,fueling, etc. did dyno guy install it?Just like with normally asp. bikes the dyno is just a tool. My # were low according to other's dyno pulls,you might have an honest dyno?I am guessing that if you are running a spacer plate that you have at least 7.5 to 10 pounds of boost,if so yeah you have any # of issues? What did velocity say about this? A good running system is more important than dyno #'s so don't get ahead of yourself,even though its hard to be patient.Dyno sheet?, the experts(not me)could tell a lot from that.
Good luck,let us know your progress.:beerchug:

1.5lbs of boost
2.not a full exhaust
3.Checking for leaks is my next step
4.no the dyno guy did not install it
5. Did not get to talk to Barry yet I heard he had a death in the family.
6. Sorry no dyno sheet.
7. Air-fuel was 12.5
8. 93 octane

Thanks Guys for all your input.

5lbs of boost sounds about right on average...5lbs x 10hp psi equals 50 hp + say 160hp stock motor since i see no spacer plate mentioned = 215 hp

i would put a little more fuel in it and get at least to 12.0 if ya wanna make some long pulls but don't be out trying to do land speed passes,and have fun..

Hey, if I have learned one thing, every turbo busa is different. Check for leaks, I always had a problem with boost leaks so my numbers were always low. ???

Re: Opinions Needed!

I have a 2007 Busa with a Velocity stage 1 kit on it and I took it to the dyno and was unhappy with the numbers it made. It has an external wastegate, turbo pistons, and a spacer plate. The bike made 215hp on the dyno. I this seems a bit low. What do you guys think? Also the hp line on the dyno sheet increased then flattens out for a bit then increased again. Do you guys know what this might mean?

Thanks
With turbo pistons, a spacer plate and 5lbs of boost that sounds about right. If you want more power you're probably going to have to run more boost :laugh: Why only 5lbs with a spacer plate and turbo pistons? You could run that on a bone stock motor all day long. Take advantage of the pistons and plate and run a little more boost :thumbsup:

With only 5# of boost and lower compression(less base hp) that is right about where it should be.Again every dyno is diff.,don't base it on that or other peeps #. I think the 12.5 is ok with a spacer plate at that boost level.I am at 12/1 afr,stock comp.5.8 #spring, full exh. 221hp, intercooler.
With the spacer plate you could go to a 7.5/8 #spring and gain quite a bit more power.You would have to re-map.12/1 afr would prob. be better at this level.Better safe that sorry.:whistle:
Have you ridden it,how does it feel?:thumbsup: Oh yeah,:welcome:

Re: Opinions Needed!

With turbo pistons, a spacer plate and 5lbs of boost that sounds about right. If you want more power you're probably going to have to run more boost :laugh: Why only 5lbs with a spacer plate and turbo pistons? You could run that on a bone stock motor all day long. Take advantage of the pistons and plate and run a little more boost :thumbsup:

Just dont turn it up though. I would get your afr straight before you do anything else. So did you tuner adjust fueling or was that run for the purpose of getting hp numbers.

It has pistons in because it blew a head gasket the first time. So i figured while the motor was apart do the pistons. No my turner was adjusting the fueling. He was not just trying to get a high hp number.

lowered compression...sounds okay but our a/f is gonna melt stuff...12.5:1 you said? correct?

I would find a different tuner.

Back