Opened the box and there it was

Matte_Black

Registered
So I ordered the light smoked 5 piece brake and turn signals lighting set from extreme kempy and it got to me in record time. Just sat down and opened the box, saw the turn signals front and back and then in the bottom of the box another box which contained the brake light, guess what was written on that box? wait for it CLEAR ALTERNATIVES!! All the negative feedback I have read on the Org came rushing back GAD DAM.
Ok how many Org members have had problems with their CA lights VS those who havent? I would love to know if the install steps were followed and if not what the change was or if its just luck of the draw. Dam it now a waiting game. I thought EK was EK NOT CA DAM

I can hear it already, "Hey buddy your tail light is out", "I didn't know he was stopping, he had no brake lights"!

IMG00387-20111220-1412.jpg

I have had 2 rear setups from CA on my gen 1, both burned out. On the other hand I have also had their smoked lenses for the front of both my gen 1 and 2 which fit like factory. So I guess you could say their electronics suck and their plastics are ok.

I wound up making a new LED board (no turn signals, just brake and running lights) for my gen 1 out of a bread-board and a bunch of LEDs from radio shack and that lasted me until the bike was wrecked.

Clear Alternatives made some poor quality, and some good stuff.
They are now Moto Lume, they took over from previous bad management.
I got 3 sets of gen1 smoked rear turn signals from C.A for my gen2, this was while they were going under.
A total of 6 months later(with no contact with anyone for almost 3 months) I finally got someone to answer the phone, Moto Lume had taken over.
M.L sent me the right signals and let me keep the new gen1 set I have(as I'de sent the other 2 back originally).
They are very good to deal with. I assume that there was/is alot C.A product and packaging left over.
My C.A rear siganls fit excellent, the C.A front have gaps and do not fit as they should. Fortunaetly with my grey/black 08 it's very hard to notice unless you look closely.
I'de put them on and ride:thumbsup:

Got one on my Gen 2 and have never had a problem, had them on gen 1's also with no problem but got one once that was dead out of box.??? I would say it's probably hit or miss just as with anything really. All it takes is one employee having a bad day or a machine not quite calibrated 100% and that can cause a whole lot of headaches down the road by consumers.

If you take into account how many of those tail lights one of those companies can knock out in a day and end up with just one bad batch, just imagine how many busa owners will be complaining about them because they got one out of that batch? Then again I don't know of any company that puts out 100% perfect all the time with no hiccups every now and then that can slip thru.

Thanks for the info, I will test them out a soon as my fuel tank gets back from the paint guy or maybe this weekend, I shouldn't have a problem popping in the key and testing the lights without the fuel tank/gas pump connected right?

Thanks for the info, I will test them out a soon as my fuel tank gets back from the paint guy or maybe this weekend, I shouldn't have a problem popping in the key and testing the lights without the fuel tank/gas pump connected right?

The lights will work.

Back