open carry now leagal in wichita, ks

mynewride

Registered
we can now carry a fire arm loaded openly anywhere in the city of wichita. the no firearms sign does not apply to the open carry...only the concealed carry. so the law states that while "in" a motor vehicle that it is unlawful to have a firearm with in reach of the driver, however on a motorcycle does that mean that since i am "on" it that i can carry?

linky to the law

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp29r9kwkmjguuq/OYPw9bhNIz/ICT%20Open%20Carry.pdf

check it out and tell me what you think

I can carry a loaded firearm in wichita. However I cannot have it loaded or within reach of a driver in a car. What's weird is that if you have a concieled carry permit you have to follow the no guns allowed signs. However, if you carry openly the signs are meaningless.

I think, before you are allowed to carry a loaded firearm and potentially be faced with making a decision on the use of deadly force.......You should be able to at least spell LEGAL or CONCEALED!

I was in a hurry. Sorry I didn't check my typing. I just thought it was interesting. So don't get your panties in a bunch

No bunched panties here! Just a pet peeve. I'm on my twin 16 year old boys about spelling and grammer all the time. I tell them "You can write War and Peace but mispel one word and you look like an idiot!":laugh:

No bunched panties here! Just a pet peeve. I'm on my twin 16 year old boys about spelling and grammer all the time. I tell them "You can write War and Peace but mispel one word and you look like an idiot!":laugh:

hate to break it to ya...but its misspell :laugh:

the statute does not prevent u from storing it in ur storage compartment. the storage compartmet is not considered within ur reach while operating ur motorcycle since u would normally need the key to open it and ud have to be stopped and off it to do so.

but to answer ur question no u cannot have it on ur person while operating a motorcycle. a motorcycle is a motor vehicle.

Back