Oooh My GOD!

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I came in from work today and went straight to work on installing the PCIIIR map and doing the air box mod. I didn't even take time to change out of my uniform, I just took off the gun belt and went straight to the garage. Excellent news... I fiiiiiiiiiiiinally finished the Hindle install 100%. All I can say is...

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>DAYUUUUUUUM!!!</span></span>

I hooked the borrowed laptop (Shout out to my step-mom for letting me use her brand new 'puter!) to the PCIIIR and got the map ready to load. Then I done it! I fired that bad boy off! The idle was loping and that pipe was really growlin'. It was also puffing a tiny bit of black smoke. I hit the button to load the BDE map (Shout out to cache for teaching me how to load a map to the PC!) and as it loaded the idle smoothed a bit and it settled down. I let it idle for several seconds to start the temp hand moving up and then ever so slightly blipped the throttle. DAYUMMMMMMM! It was sooooooooooo schaweeeeeet! The resulting grin was even bigger than the one I had the day I first brought her home!

Then I notice the FI light and FI flashing on the clock. I'm thinkin', shiot, don't tell me I'm gonna have problems right off the bat! Then it hits me...In all the excitement of wanting to hear that pipe talk to me I forgot that I hadn't reinstalled the air box yet. So I shut 'er off and finish the air box mod. After getting the box back on and getting all the hoses and connectors hooked back to it I roll her out in the driveway and fire it off again. Now were talkin'! No lights, no errors, just pure unadulterated shiot talkin' comin' out of that mirror finish Ti can(Shouts out to BDE & Hindle for the system and Tom @ Veltune for the glow job and deal!). Now she talks shiot like nobody's bidness!!! THIS is exactly what a busa should sound like!!!

I didn't go ride because I knew I'd be full throttle and wakin' up the neighbors WITH MY UNIFORM ON. I could just hear the phone calls to the SHERIFF!  :D I did do several HARD drag launches on my driveway (dayum the neighbors!) though, just to hear it under load and get the exhaust hot enough to burn off the rest of the preservatives and oils. I haven't done enough launches with the busa to be consistent yet, but when I got it out of the hole without a bog it sounded like a FUGGIN MONSTA at full throttle in first!!!

I absolutely can't wait to get it out and on an open road so I can do some HARD roll ons. I'm telling you, so far I absolutely believe the BDE/Hindle is the PERFECT exhaust for the busa. I wouldn't change a friggin' thing!!! NOTHING!!! Well, ok, I'd let them include a free 1397cc Big Bore kit with it. Hehehehehe... :devil:

I've still got goose bumps and a HUGE grin on my face and I didn't even leave the driveway with it!!!

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see MILES and MILES of fun in the forecast for Monday!!!!!

:super:  :bounce:  :super:

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067744001 -->

Great that you finally got that set of mods complete, 'Train. I can only imagine what it sounds like. I'm trying to stay calm because I do need to wait awhile before doing the power mods. Too much excitement might make me do something impulsive! Let's see some pics of this newly modded beast!

These four photos are the only ones I've taken in good lighting with the system installed. A couple of them have already been posted but here they are again. :D

IMG_0236.jpg

These were before the Zero Gravity Double Bubble install. I'll take some better shots as soon as I get her all detailed out again. She's covered in dust and finger prints from the install. I can't stand it! :D

IMG_0239.jpg

And a before shot for comparison. Pre sliders and pre-Hindle & with reflectors and stickers... Maybe I can find a way to do a decent, fairly accurate sound file soon so you can hear it. ;)

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067744554 -->

bullittrain_06.jpg

Great that you finally got that set of mods complete, 'Train.  I can only imagine what it sounds like.  I'm trying to stay calm because I do need to wait awhile before doing the power mods.  Too much excitement might make me do something impulsive!  Let's see some pics of this newly modded beast!
I had no idea how it would sound, but I couldn't be happier, man! I wouldn't change the sound at all. It's exactly what I was hoping for. I can't express how happy I've been with my decision to go with the BDE/Hindle. Not trying to tempt you, I'm just that stoked!

Wow, YUMMY,  glad to hear you're done.  It really looks awesome!!  Now...breathe!  ;)

Have fun,
Kris

I completely understand the excitement and am glad for you. I just know that if I don't contain myself I will order it Monday when I have several other things that I need to get done that don't include the bike. Enjoy the sound and let us hear it if you can. And get that dirt of the bike. It's messing up the bling, bling!

BulletTrain Sir,
What are the exact part #'s for your setup, as I would like to have the exact same here in Michigan on my busa.
I love that polished Pipe!
Thank You.

Just like a kid on X-mas morning :laugh:,you had me falln out of my chair when I read this. I'm very happy everything went well for you on your install, now whats your next mod going to be???

I completely understand the excitement and am glad for you.  I just know that if I don't contain myself I will order it Monday when I have several other things that I need to get done that don't include the bike.  Enjoy the sound and let us hear it if you can.  And get that dirt of the bike.  It's messing up the bling, bling!
I hear ya, man. Hold strong! By the way, coming to this board isn't conducive to avoiding impulse purchases!

BulletTrain Sir,
What are the exact part #'s for your setup, as I would like to have the exact same here in Michigan on my busa.
I love that polished Pipe!
Thank You.
Actually, I didn't order by part number. I just called Tom at Veltune ( www.veltune.com ) and ordered a GEN III BDE/Hindle and told him that I wanted his "Glow Job" polishing on the can and mid pipe. He done the rest. Excellent man to do business with. Check out the Veltune site and give Tom a call. He can hook you up with exactly what he sent me. ;)

Just like a kid on X-mas morning :laugh:,you had me falln out of my chair when I read this.  I'm very happy everything went well for you on your install, now whats your next mod going to be???
Thanks Rhythm. It went a lot smoother than I anticipated actually. :D My next performance mod will probably be sprockets and a chain. My next real power mod may be a 1397cc Big Bore kit. I think that's the way I want to go with my bike. Full time power with no bottle to fill and no special tuning like the Turbo busas need.

Of course the repaint and some chrome plating and polishing are also on the plate. The paint will come before the chrome and polishing but it will all come in due time. I'm having a blast modding this bike! Much more fun than any car I've ever played with!!!   :D

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067746584 -->

Back